cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while working in Kapsel plugin Logon for Cordova android project (app builder)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am working on new appbuilder with SMP 3.0 sp02  and i am successfully able to create cordova project with kapsel plugin for android. but when i deploy the app on android simulator i am getting this error.

I foolowed this link by

Midhun VP

even when i try to install kapsel plugin manually through command line i get error (attached scrrenshots).

Kindly help me to resolve the issue.

BR,

Saurabh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

dong_zhu
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

A lot has changed - I did the same and it worked for me in this way:

Use cordova 3.5 is ok

Android sdk - you need to select api-19

Kapsel SP04

To build:

Modify config.js under \fiori_client\, give a proj name, say, myFC

npm install

node create_fiori_client.js

cd myFC

cordova prepare

Now you should have a proj that can be loaded into Eclipse IDE for testing.

Hope this helps.

Br,

Dong

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Are you using any proxy server? Check your browser settings.

If yes, You have set proxy as per given in this guide.

Make sure you have installed cordova version 3.3.1-0.1.2 (for SMP 3.0 SP02)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitendra,

Thanks for your help my cordova version is 3.5.0-0.2.7. so it won't work with kapsel. do i need to install it again ?.

BR,

saurabh

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I cant grantee it whether cordova version 3.5.x wont work with smp 3.0 sp02 but as per above link as it says:

Cordova 3.0.6 (or the latest 3.0.x version) should be used if using SMP 3.0.

Cordova 3.1.0-0.2.0 (or the latest 3.1.x version) should be used if using SMP 3.0 SP01.

Cordova 3.3.1-0.1.2 (or the latest 3.3.x version) should be used if using SMP 3.0 SP02.

Cordova 3.4.0-0.1.3 should be used if using SMP 3.0 SP03.

Cordova 3.4.1-0.1.0 should be used if using SMP 3.0 SP04.

maybe, you can try with uninstalling cordova 3.5.x and then installing 3.3.x

Virinchy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh ,

Very recently , SAP released new updates for both Runtime(SP04 ) and SDK (SP05). The latest release of SDK includes an update of Kapsel SDK also, with which the Kapsel plugins support Cordova 3.5 . So, no need to downgrade Cordova .

Look at the new features of Kapsel SDK here . I would suggest updating to the latest to fix the previous issues in SMP also.

Regards

Virinchy

Dan_vL
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Since you are using SP02, I don't imagine this is the problem but I believe I have seen something similar so thought I would mention it here.

In SP04 of the Kapsel SDK, a new parameter was introduced that specifies where the Kapsel plugins are located. 

For example

cordova -d create C:\Kapsel_Projects\LogonDemo com.mycompany.logon LogonDemo "{\"plugin_search_path\":\"C:/SAP/MobileSDK3/KapselSDK/plugins/\"}"

I believe this creates a folder named

LogonDemo\.cordova that contains a file named config.json.

If AppBuilder creates the project, it may not include this details and could lead to problems similar to what you are seeing.

Specifically Kapsel uses a modified version of the org.apache.cordova.inappbrowser plugin and if this setting is not provided, the unmodified version of it is added to your project.

For additional details on the plugin_search_path see

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-49592#cordova

Regards,

Dan van Leeuwen