cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC connection between ECC to SMP 3.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have ECC 6.0 ehp6 and SMP 3.0 in our environment, Can anybody suggest how to create RFC connection between these two systems?

i have checked some documents, but didn't find correct solution,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pratap,

You can't use RFC directly with SMP 3. You can use gateway to convert RFC to Odata service.You can directly use Odata service in  SMP 3 without integration gateway. Gateway add on for ECC is free, you can install gateway add on in the same ECC server or you can keep it as a different server.

Or use SOA manager to create SOAP web service. You need to use integration gateway in this to create Odata service from SOAP.

For me Gateway is the the better option, it's a pre-requisite for Fiori apps too.

Regards,

Midhun VP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Midhun,

Thanks for your reply, can you please give brief on Odata service and its functionality

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Pratap,

You can look at Home | Open Data Protocol for basic understanding about OData.

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pratap,

This might also help you,

Regards,

Midhun VP

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Pratap,

I believe SMP 3.0 is based on OData protocol. You have to expose RFC/BAPI as OData service and with the help of Integration gateway you can deploy it to smp 3.0 server. Once done, in the gateway management cockpit, you have to register the backend service. You should check this guide for more details:

Regards,

JK

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To get more help you need post your issue at related forum.

please repost your issue at below forum.

Even about RFC connections are handled by basis team. have you checked with them?