cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Replication from CRM OP to C4C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello gurus

We are in process of enabling integration between C4C and CRM OP for products and per the guides I set up the product categories in C4C and also the Mapping Id related changes. I then ran the report in CRM OP to prepare the IDOCs. These processed through HCI just fine but when it reaches C4C, it errors out with text 'Activation not permitted; cross-process category missing'. I then researched and found out that I need this if CRM OP products have sales area data. Now I tried to delete the C4C product category so I could enable the hierarchy but system wont let me do it even though no product is created in C4C. SAP Support feedback is that product category is consumed by a custom BO so cant be deleted.

Now we are in a limbo, I cant delete a category nor can I create a new node, so how do I get around this so sales area data can come over to C4C.

I wish the documentation was clear in this critical area.

To test if I can send CRM OP Product basic data over to C4C, I created a sub category under the main one (that was failing above for products with sales data), then I created a product in CRM with only basic data. That came over to C4C just fine.

Thoughts and workarounds appreciated.

Regards

Jai

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Have you tried deactivated your custom BO solution - then delete the product hierarchies.

former_member188702
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jai,

have you/your team developed the custom BO? I am trying to understand the dependency.

Thanks,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik

No we have not developed any custom content and certainly not a custom BO in C4C. The picture that I embedded in this post is for the message monitoring available in Admin tool. If you can help me with steps to locate the custom BO or find it, I can do that.

This is critical for all of us exploring Sales quote integration and while we work on resolving this, I would request SAP to update their documentation regarding this topic to caution users and provide details on steps that must be followed for product replication.

Best

Jai

0 Kudos

Hi Jai

Our developer said the following:

The root error is because the product replication is failing.

This has nothing to do with Product Category or Sales area.

The reason is most likely due to value mapping issues related to their logical system.

Can you send across the message id in C4C where it fails and the tenant ID ?

-ginger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ginger

Product replication isnt failing If I am only replicating CRM products that only have basic data and no sales data. I tried it with one product to validate my thoughts (initial post has it as well), so definitely it has to do with category as I saw few similar issues with folks trying it with ECC. I am sending details via a separate cover. Thank you for your prompt attention as always Ginger.

0 Kudos

Hi Jai

The payload does't contain the product category -this is a required field.  I think I'm unclear on what you are trying to do. 

Are you trying to load products and not send the product hierarchy?  Or are you trying to change the product hierarchy?

-ginger

raphael-l
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

i have a nearly similar problem.

I try to load the product category into the cloud (via PI) and we have already maintained product categories with products assigned.

So the problem is now i'm getting the error 'Product category hierarchy with usage Cross Process already exists' during inital load of Product category which is in my opinion because there is already a root node in the product category.

The problem is that i can't delete the product categories because products are assigned and i can't delete products nor delete the categories in the product master data.

so is there a solution for this 'deadlock'?

Regards,

Raphael