Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixed Asset failed to do a capitalization credit memo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

financial period April - Mar

I have this fixed asset capitalized on 1 May 2014, from A/P invoice at the price of 14,649.37. I have done the depreciation run for May-Jul (period 2 - 4). Now I want to do a capitalization credit memo on 1 Aug 2014 and noticed that it prompted me error even though I have just put $1. Then I tried to do an asset revaluation, realized that the NBV is negative now. I believe this is the reason why the cn is disallowed, but I have no idea why it has fallen to negative value. Please kindly advise.

At first I thought the quantity matters, because I didnt put "Consider quantity" in the AP invoice, so the capitalization which was created automatically has zero quantity. But later on I realized that I have other asset which has also zero quantity and has done depreciation before, yet managed to do a credit memo.

In the asset class, I set to SL1, but in the fix asset master, i changed to SL. I dont this is the cause of the error.

The (1627.76) is derived from the depreciation, 406.94 * 4 months (May, Jun, Jul, Aug) even though the depreciation for august has not been done yet.

Regards

Yvaine

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Nagarajan for your advice. I have tried to put $1 in the credit memo which is the lowest i can put and yet it failed too. I cant cancel the capitalization but only want to credit memo partially.

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please wait for other member's reply.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagarajan