cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore BODS Local Repository?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I accidentally replaced my Local repository with Central repo and lost 2 weeks of my work.

Is there any way I can restore my Local repository?

I checked the last backup of my Local repository database was this morning, if we restore database to that point, can I get my DS repository back to that point?

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks.

Data Services Version : 4.1 (14.1.2.378)

Repository Database: DB2 V9

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

DayaJha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prashanth,

Create a new schema and restore the Local repository backup, after restoring check the below table status for confirmation of correct backup that you have all the dependent objects or not like Project, Job, Work Flow, Data Flow..., before configuration in CMC.

Following are the List of Query to Fetch the Jobs Count
S.NoDetailsQuery
1All Project InformationSelect * From ALVW_PROJECTINFO
2All Jobs InformationSelect * From ALVW_JOBINFO
3All WorkFlow InformtionSelect * From ALVW_WORKFLOWINFO
4All DataFlow InformationSelect * From ALVW_DATAFLOWINFO
5All DataStore InformationSelect * From ALVW_DATASTOREINFO
6All Function InformationSelect * From ALVW_FUNCINFO
7All File Format InformationSelect * From ALVW_FILEFORMINFO
8All Source Target InformationSelect * From ALVW_MAPPING
9All Jobs Execution HistorySelect * From ALVW_HISTORY

With the help of above information you wlil know your backup is correct or not. and also check the Job Server Version status.

Thanks,

Daya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Daya,

We restored on the same database because I'm the only one working on the repository, but I understand its a good practice to restore to new database and retieve from there.

Thanks for the queries, ran them and verified the data and double checked the Project/ Job in Designer, everything is back to yesterday's point, now I just have to update yesterday's modifications.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

, My friend ,

How did you verify the existence of backup's your Local Repository ?

I just had the same problem .. importing a Batch Job, about the same old Batch Job that has a lot of improvements .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Depending on your database, if you have some sort of online back up, you can check when was the last snapshot taken, if not you can ask your DBA to tell the last backup timestamp.

Note:If other folks are working on the project and their repos are in same database with different shcemas, better create a new db and restore last backup to that new db/schema, so others work won't be interrupted.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for feedback

I'm lining up with my team of Database Administrators , on strategies Backup and Restore of databases containing repositories .

We are working with the bods attached to Sql Server 2008 R2 .

Thank you