cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deactivate Event Handlers within an EH Set

Former Member
0 Kudos

We're using EH Sets consisting of shipment and delivery Event Handlers.  We deactivate them by configuring an Expected Event that, when overdue, calls the "EHSET_SET_INACTIVE" activity.  Unfortunately this process is not working correctly so we now have tens of thousands of active Event Handlers that need to be deactivated.  We tried running the "/SAPTRX/ARCHIVE_EH_DEACTIVATE" program but the message "No archiving-relevant data found for selection criteria; check criteria" is returned as the program checks to see if the EH is part of an EH Set.

Does anyone know of a way to deactivate these EHs? 

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steven,

I don't think we have standard report program to deactivate event handlers.

There is two possible solutions:

1. You can copy the program /SAPTRX/ARCHIVE_EH_DEACTIVATE and remove the check of Event Handler set.

Or

2. Check this discussion which is already given solution for similar kind of issue.

Regards

GGOPII

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had considered option 1 but wasn't sure if there were any implications of simply deactivating EHs that are part of an EH Set.  I would assume SAP put the code to do that check in there for a reason.  Is anyone aware of a standard way to remove an EH from a set?  If that was done first then I could just use the standard program.

Or if someone could confirm there's no issue with just deactivating EHs that are part of an EH Set, that would be helpful as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steven,

This is what I can see "You archive an event handler that belongs to one or more event handler sets by deactivating and archiving the entire event handler set" and check in this link Archiving Event Handlers (SCM-EM) - Archiving in SAP Event Management - SAP Library.

It will have some implications, if we deactivate particular event handler in event handler set then subsequent event message may fail for other event handler in EH set, SAP EM Web UI doesn't retrieve event handler data as other event handler deactivated in EH set etc.  You can raise SAP OSS message to SAP to get the list of causes deactivating event handlers in EH set.

Regards

GGOPII

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

the concept in standard is that you can only archive a complete set but not single EH belonging to a set. The reason is that they belong logically together.

There is only the mentioned activity to deactivate EH Sets.

Mass reports are only available for "normal" EH.

If you are sure that you want to deactivate and archive EH from a Set you could as Gopi has written create your own reports.

But you should keep in mind the following tables:

/SAPTRX/EH_SET                    Event Handler Set

/SAPTRX/EH_SETEH               Event Handler Set Mapping Table

/SAPTRX/EH_SETST               Event Handler Set Status

and delete the references there.

Best regards,

Steffen

Answers (0)