cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

copy scenarios

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello folks - I am new to TDMS and having a bit of trouble reading thru the "jargon" to figure out the answer to my question.

For purposes of this question - let's just assume I'm talking about the most common environment/product - ERP

And let's say I have this landscape w/ these production clients in use:

LH1 (PROD / CLIENT 100)

LH4 (TEST / CLIENT 100)

LH2 (DEV / CLIENTS 200/201/600/800)

Now let's say I have setup TDMS in this landscape so it's on all the boxes and ready to be used.

I know the tool allows you to do SUBSETS of the entire DB when you are doing copies (copy scenarios) - for example based on time or company code reductions/etc.  Is another type of reduction possible that lets you copy an ENTIRE client from one SID to another?  (which would seem to overlap some w/ built in SAP tools like remote client copy using a profile like SAP_ALL )

I imagine this is not the biggest selling point of TDMS (that the time or co codes reductions are far more useful), but from reading thru the jargon see terms like "full transfer of client-specific data" (p. 11 of https://websmp208.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/012002523100011930342014E.pdf ) --- and am not clear if this is same thing as essentially a remote client copy OR something else.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

amit_sharma36
Participant
0 Kudos

hello

yes, there is a package "Full transfer of client specific data" for ERP.

You can use this to copy client specified data from one system-client to other system-client.

there are few objects like variants and all which will not be transferred with this.

regards,

Amit Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Amit/all - any idea how this TDMS copy scenario would compare then w/ a remote client copy using SAP_ALL profile? 

amit_sharma36
Participant
0 Kudos

Data of client independent + variant will be excluded in TDMS run.

You can check tables transferred in TDMS run from cnvmbttables for given package which are existing in system and having data.

regards,

Amit Sharma

Answers (0)