cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UB STO for Plants in Different Company Code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I need Advice on below critical situation.

1. In the system User is able to create UB STO's for Plants in different Company Codes. let me explain.

ex: Plant AAAA and BBBB  assigned to Company Code 1111. Company Code 2222 is created for Inter Company STO and have different plants assigned.

I need Goods Movement from AAAA to BBBB. User is able to create UB STO's (Intra company) AAAA to BBBB for both the Company codes 1111 and 2222. How is the system not checking the basic Plant, CC relation ?

M I missing any configuration setting? I tried to created NB PO's for Plant AAAA with CC 2222 system is allowing this as well.

I know i can have User exits for ME21N to have check on this but i think some configuration is missing which is causing the issue. I need to know that.

Please Advise.

Thank you

Santosh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you missed to maintain the default document type for the combination of supplying plant to ordering plant.

SAP will then issue the message 06674

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juren,

If you are talking about the configuration at SAP Customizing Implementation Guide>Materials Management>Purchasing>Purchase Order>Set up Stock Transport Order>Assign Document Type, One-Step Procedure, Underdelivery Tolerance.. I have Maintained this setting as "AAAA- BBBB - UB".

thanks.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

exact, I meant this setting.

do you have as well and entry for BBBB - AAAA - UB?

Do you eventually have a different message attribute for 06674 (message is customizable, hence even possible to suppress)

It is standard that you can use UB for inter company and NB for intra company and vica versa, since you could do company code clearing instead of billing, hence UB would be sufficient for intercompany.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I Do have the setting for BBBB-AAAA YB .. not UB.

Message 06674 is set for no message.

My main Concern here is I am able to create  PO's for Plants (assigned to One company code) with Company code to which it is not assigned to.

ex: PO Header data : Doc type - XXXX, CC - 2222,P.grp - 000 for Plant - AAAA .....

Plant AAAA is assigned to CC 1111 and not to CC 2222.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

To check the document type we have customized tables which check the allowed doc type between plants for different business scenarios.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This plant to plant table is just a proposal, you can do STO business between any plant in your system, this is not depending on this document type proposal table.

But this table is used in case you want restrict the use of UB when it should be NB.

But you certainly need a E or at least a W for message 06674.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok Let me put it this way. In a standard PO where i'm procuring from a vendor to a Plant.

A standard NB PO  with below details :

ex: PO Header data : Doc type - NB, CC - 2222, P.grp - 000 for Plant - AAAA .....

Plant AAAA is assigned to CC 1111 and not to CC 2222.

Is this Possible in the ideal condition taking into consideration we have a 'E' setup for message 06674 ?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the CC  in the PO header is only used to determine the currency of the PO.

The posting is made to the CC which is linked to the plant.

As long as both CCs have the same currency SAP will not complain and certainly this case will not trigger 06674 at all.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much, i checked and thats how its not allowing.

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (0)