Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALV with large number of records

ankit_munshi2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am uploading contents of a file which has more than 200,000 records in it . I am processing this file ( this includes addition, subtraction , filtering and a few DB select queries). I have used COMMIT statement at various places to prevent time_out.

Finally I would be displaying the output data on screen in the form of ALV  . The idea of displaying ALV with 200,000 records is scary .

Is there any alternative way to handle it ?

Regards,

AM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kesavadas_thekkillath
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to display in ALV, you have to use ALV. Unless you do not have any operation to be performed on the displayed data( ex: like group checkbox marking etc ), there are no issues. I have displayed somewhat the same amount records without issues. It might take few seconds for the data to be displayed.

1 REPLY 1

kesavadas_thekkillath
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to display in ALV, you have to use ALV. Unless you do not have any operation to be performed on the displayed data( ex: like group checkbox marking etc ), there are no issues. I have displayed somewhat the same amount records without issues. It might take few seconds for the data to be displayed.