Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global Location Number

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

We are using SAP ECC 6.0

I am trying to find out where I can assign a Global Location Number to our company or Plant.

I understand I can assign the GLN for our Vendors in the Vendor Master , Control data section (Loc1, Loc2, check digit)

I also understand I can assign the GLN for our Customers in the Customer Master , Control data section (Loc1, Loc2, check digit)

I am just not sure how or where I can assign our own GLN to our company and plants

Any help would be appreciated?

Also, are we on the right version for the GLN functionality?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A how-to guide can be found in the service market place (user Id required) : https://websmp203.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001322552010E/GLN2.PDF

and there it is written: SAP has offered basic GLN functionality in the core solution since ECC 6.0 EhP2,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jurgen. I did take a look

Q. I can only use the GLN table only in SAP ECC 6.0 EhPh2. right?  We are using ECC 6.0 EhPh

I was trying to find out where I can assign a Global Location Number to our company or Plant. Still couldn't figure that out.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As you do not have EHP2 you wont find an option for this assignment. you need coding that was written after the release that you have.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jurgen

Assuming we have ehp2 (because we plan to upgrade) how and where would I assign the GLN's at a plant level or at a company level?

I am trying to understand the process so that I can explain the effort to our team.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Page 14 of the docu lists all levels where a GLN can be set, it is up to your design where you want it to be, where it makes most sense for you