cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does a Group field in the Group Header has incorrect value?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Attached is a report created by Crystal Reports.

I am using Crystal Reports 2011.

A dataset is used as a DataSource for the report.

The problem is the group field for MA_CL_DATE in the Group Header has the incorrect value.

Note the Criteria in the report indicates a date range From 09/02/14 To 09/03/14.

All the rest of the Group fields are correct.

MA_CL_DATE is suppose to be 09/03/14 but is shown as 08/31/14.

Why would the Group field have an incorrect value?

Is there a bug in Crystal Reports 2011 that causes this?

What can be done to resolve this?

Sincerely,

Keith Jackson

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Keith,

Go to the Group Expert > Highlight the date field > Options > where it says 'the section will be printed' choose 'For Each Day'.

By Default CR prints for each week when grouped on date field and that's why you see dates that are not in the database/range.

-Abhilash

Former Member

I did that and it shows the correct value now.  Thanks!

Sincerely,

Keith Jackson

0 Kudos

Thanks it is work for me also.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Keith,

Some points Tested:

1. MA_CL_DATE field data type is mismatched .

2. Date range parameter working correctly in report.

3. MA_CL_DATE is this a direct filed or any formula applied.

Please make sure.....Add more updates

Thanks,

DJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Date range is not in a parameter.  It is used in the following SELECT statement for the dataset:

SELECT SUPPLIER_CODE,SERIAL_NO,TRACKING_NO,MILL_COIL_NO,MILL_ORDER_NO,FROM_SERIAL_NO,FROM_TRACKING_NO,MA_CL_DATE,MASTER_ID,MA_TRACKING_NO,MA_MILL_COIL_NO,ORG_COIL_WT_KGS,CREATE_DATE,ACTIVE,TRACE_FLAG,MATERIAL_CLASS,MATERIAL_STATUS,PART_NO,PART_NAME,PART_TYPE,PART_GROUP,PART_PRODUCT_TYPE_CODE,NET_WEIGHT,GROSS_WEIGHT,PIECES,WEIGHT_KGS,HEAD_SCRAP_KGS,TAIL_SCRAP_KGS,OFFAL_SCRAP_KGS,ENGINEERED_SCRAP_KGS,INHERITED_ENGINEERED_SCRAP_KGS,INHERITED_HEAD_TAIL_SCRAP_KGS,INHERITED_MILL_RSDC_SCRAP_KGS,MILL_SCRAP_KGS,RSDC_SCRAP_KGS,FREC_SCRAP_KGS,SCRAP_KGS FROM VIEW_PLEX_TRACEABILITY_REPORT WHERE (MA_CL_DATE >= TO_DATE('09/02/2014', 'MM/DD/RR' ) AND MA_CL_DATE <= TO_DATE('09/03/2014', 'MM/DD/RR' )) AND SUPPLIER_CODE = 'NOVELI' ORDER BY SUPPLIER_CODE ASC,MASTER_ID ASC,CREATE_DATE ASC,FROM_SERIAL_NO ASC,SERIAL_NO ASC

No formula used in the Group Field for MA_CL_DATE.

I know the SELECT statement is getting the correct data.