cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

location of crystal reports

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have created a crystal report now and saved it on the enterprise. where can i find the report on the server, i mean the location of report like C:\ on the server

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The reports that are saved to the repository are stored under the default Input File Repository Server location (IFRS).

The default location for XI 3.1 is: <installation directory>\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 12\FileStore\Input.

This location will have a lot of reports with some random file names.

To find out the exact report you're looking for, you need to logon to CMC > browse to the report > right-click > Properties.

The label 'File Name' is what shows the exact name of the report on the disk.

Copy the .rpt name and search for it using Windows Search and you should be taken straight to the Input FRS that holds this report.

-Abhilash

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

However, BO/CRS does NOT support modifying this file directly - if you need to make changes, then open the report by connecting to your enterprise system in Crystal and loading it from there and then re-save it to the enterprise platform.

-Dell

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I remember having faced an issue when 'saving' a report to the repository and for some reason none of the options would work.

The only workaround available at that point in time was to rename the (modified) report to that 'random .rpt name' and do the humble copy paste! It worked however, I have never had to do that ever again and certainly not that I recommend doing either !

But you're right Dell - modifying this file directly isn't supported.

-Abhilash

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Oh I've done it too - but I did it programmatically in an SDK app where I could call "Refresh" on the report's InfoObject after updating the file.

As long as there are no added/deleted parameters and there are no changes to the data connection, copying over the file should work, but there's no guarantee that it will.

-Dell

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I Second that, Dell!

-Abhilash

0 Kudos

So SAP Learner,

Quick answer is DON'T, if there are any changes you will mess up the sync between the CMS copy what the Servers expect.

If you want to delete it or change it use the Open from Enterprise option in CR Designer or in CMS as the Administrator you can delete it or refresh it etc.

Older versions of BOE you had to manually refresh the report in the CMS, now I believe it updates it automatically when saving back to the CMS.

Don't play with the BOE back end stuff...

And that was how we used to test a report with saved data. Schedule any report, find the instance ID and object name and then replace it with the report with saved data after renaming it to the instance name. But that was done in the Output FRS folder.

Now you can publish reports with saved data.

Don

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member205840
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Once you save the report on enterprise it will be saved in BO Repository, out side of BO it is not in readable format to locate.

If you want to see a copy of the report you need to save on local hard disk through save as, but not through BO Enterprise.

Thanks,

Sastry

Former Member
0 Kudos

is it documented anywhere ?