cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capacity Consumption of Process Orders Query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Forum,

The client has process orders passing from ECC to APO and the busienss user looks at the SNP Capacity planning book view to see the resource capacity load.

This was all working fine when the ECC scheduling type on the process order was either: 5: Forwards in Time, or 6 Backwards in time.

Yesterday there was a change in ECC where they starting using the scheduling type: 3 Only Capacity Requirements.

SInce thsi chnage APO has stopped recognising the capaicty consumption on the resources. The Process order still appears in APO SNP planning books, but not in the capacity book.

Is '3 Only Capacity Requirements' compatible with APO SNP?

When a process order was changed back to '5 Forwards in Time' in ECC COR2, it would instantly pass to APO and the capacity consumption would return.

Is there some SPRO config somewhere?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SB

Did you had  any resolution with the scheduling type 'capacity requirement'? it does not capture capacity but is visible in SNP we too have similar issue  and work around of changing to regular scheduling is working.

Thank you

VK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I can remember we did not find an APO based solution and had to revert some changes made in ECC and they stopped using scheduling type 3.

Sorry I could not help further.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please read this.https://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/b1/c042aa439a11d189410000e829fbbd/content.htm

With this i can say, the order may not have scheduled (e.g. lead time schedulling or something) but if you see the order in SNP.   it should generate the capacity may be less. 

so i think it must have created the capacity but may be in different bucket than what you are expecting.

Please check the order in RRP3 and see if you see the operations there.

Pravin M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pravin,

No, the Operations are not there in APO when ECC COR2 process order scheduling type appears as 3 Only Capacity Requirements.

But when I change that setting in ECC COR2 to 5 Forwards in Time, it has the operations APO.

S SB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Its new thing for me. given a time i will definitely check and get back to you.

But i would like to understand, why you want to do with scheduling type 3.  Any particular business reasons ?  (it will be great learning for me or others if you explain its usage in your business).

Also if you use 3, does is generate load in ECC atleast?? (check Cm01)  or not.  If its not loading in ECC then APO is doing right.

but if its generating load in ECC and not in APO, we can surely explore more on the same.

Please update.

Thanks

Pravin M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for the delay. I have found a user exit in ECC that controls the filtering of operations. An SAP note (367658 ) appears to suggest it is filtering out the operations when the ECC scheduling setting 3 is used.

My initial testing seems to show this user exit fixes my issue.

From the business side, we have a quite complex solution wher APO plans, ECC converts to process orders and another non SAP system does the scehduling and sends it back. Im not sure on the need for the scheduling type 3, as im not the ECC consultant involved, but im pretty sure its related to the number of lines on the resource in this non SAP scheduling tool.

Not ideal, but if the user exit works for me then i will run with it.

S SB

Former Member
0 Kudos

good luck and if resolved close the thread with your resolution.