cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to deploy Crystal in the bin folder of my web site?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Or is there another solution.  I have a web server with one web site/application on it that was developed in VS2012 and uses

the Crystal runtime 13-0-5 which was installed on the web server.

I am working on a new project in VS2013 that will use Crystal 13-0-9.   This new application will coexist on the same

web server as the previous one.  When I went to install the Crystal runtime 13-0-9 it told me it was going to replace

13-0-5.  That does not work for me.  The current website has to continue to work with its version of Crystal and the

new site will need to work with its version.

So, if my publish of my new web site included all of the 13-0-9 files it needs in its bin folder and it knew to only

look there, problem solved.

Other wise, how can this be solved?  Thank you for any info you can give me.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Essentially what you are looking for is that 13.0.5 and 13.0.9 are side by side compatible. Unfortunately, they are not. The same goes for CR 2011 (v. 14.0) and CR 2013 (v. 14.1)..

My main question would be; why is replacing the SP 5 runtime with SP 9 runtime an issue?

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick response.

The assumption that the other web site (the current one on the server) is under my control would be wrong.  Although a simple example, we have lots of web sites running on a given server and we can never do anything to one site that would break the other sites.

In this particular instance, yes I could migrate the current app from vs2012 to vs2013 and use the 09 Crystal.  But looking forward, each site has to exist autonomously.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ludek,

I am under the assumption that if I install 09 and replace 05, the web site that uses 05 will stop working and scream at me about not finding its 05 version.  Am I wrong here?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

All, I stand corrected.  I upgraded the Crystal Runtime on my test server from 05 to 09 without making any changes to the current web site which was designed with 05 and the crystal reports worked just fine.  No problems for me.

Answers (0)