How to control to display timezones in EM UI while posting the event message
We have requirement to control the list of timezones in EM UI while posting the event messages.
Please find the below screenshot, currently by default it is populating all timezones in dropdown as per the SAP standard config.
We wanted to control and to display only few timezones from the list as per our requirement which will be populated in the EM UI drop down UI.
Please let me know the steps how to achieve it, whether its config change or webdynpro code change .please let me know if there is any BADI is available to display only limited timezones in EM UI.
Currently we tried creating the new search help (ZTIME_ZONE), and pointed that custom search help in the configure field of timezone for event messages , but it doesn't reflect the specified timezones in EM UI dropdown.
For example we need to display the timezones in EM UI only 4 or 5 timezones from the current list. how to achieve this.
You can perform following steps:
1) Create new event message parameter field
2) Assign search help ZTIME_ZONE to this new event message parameter
3) Create custom implementation of BADI /SAPTRX/IF_BADI_WDA_UI
4) Change method BEFORE_EVM_BADI to read parameter from TRACKPARAMETERS and then update values of the parameters to TRACKINGHEADER-EVTTST based on event counter
5) Delete message paramter from TRACKPARAMETERS as it is not needed
Make sure that whatever time zone you have selected in your parameter is valid in TTZZ table.
Hope this will help. Let me know if you need additional information from my side.