cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create SAP Service into the same solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Need help for creation SAP service which is always in running mode like a Alert management.

Right now i am going to develop new AddOn for SMS Integration.

In that i need active service which is runing in back end and when i am going to place any transaction then that time automatically

send message to that customer.

I am confused where to write service code in my solution.

If any one have any idea please suggest me.

Thank you Experts

Pradeep Khodke

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Johan_H
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

I think you should build such a service to run on the server. If the idea is to send and sms message when certain transactions are put into the system (a delivery for example), you wouldn't need the SDK at all. You could build the entire thing in normal .net.

Regards,

Johan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Johan,

But already i have a service but i don't want to use it, I think SAP B1 has there own mechanism for service, m i r8????

So please give me solution for same..

Thanks and regard

Pradeep

Johan_H
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

What I meant was, for your scenario you really just need to get some data out of the B1 database, build a message, and send that message to your sms service provider, right ?

In that case, anything other than a simple direct sql select query, is shooting mosquitoes with a cannon.

However if you also need to process incoming sms messages, and enter data into the B1 database then the DI Server may be a solution for you.

Regards,

Johan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, Johan you are r8, when purchase/sales/production/inventory any transaction at the time of adding or update I need to get same data out of the B1 database, build a message, and send that message to that vender which is present in same transaction record.

For Example -

I am going to enter 1 sale order for Mike of Rs 10,000 , and after sale order placed i have to send sms msg immediately  to mike(msg -Your Order totalling INR.10,000 was proccessed. )

for that what can i do?????

Thanks and Regard

Pradeep

Johan_H
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

I suggest the following:

1. Add a nvarchar user field to the document header
  2. Create a console application
    1. with sql check for (new) transactions (DocDate, DocTime) for which the user field is empty
    2. create and send your message
    3. on success, enter a time stamp into the  user field
  3. run this application on a 1 - 5 minute schedule on the server

Regards,

Johan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You Johan,

I have r8 my sms code on "on success".

And its worked......

Thank You

Pradeep Khodke