cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO Quantity Exceeds Target Quantity Problem

bkilboy
Participant
0 Kudos

We have a service PO that was created for 100,000 quantity from a Preq. The preq was amended to 200,000, approved, released, and trying to update the PO now but it is giving an error "Quantity 200,000 exceeds target quantity 100,000 for the preq by 100,000". See attached screenshot.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member190990
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Brent,

Having seen the loop, I feel that the first line item is being referenced in PO.

Please try this -

Add a new line item to PR of extra quantity (without deleting the existing line item of 100,000 Qty).

Add a new line item at service level in PO with reference to the newly created PR line item for extra quantity.

Regards,

Akash

bkilboy
Participant
0 Kudos

They added a new service line to the PO and it worked now. Thanks everyone for your help.

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brent

I have replicate the issue , as per your screen shot , Created an Service PR , Service PO  With Quantity  43000 Ea . Then i have changed the PO quantity to 53000 , Changed the PO quantity to 53000, There was no error or warning message ,

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are procuring Service with Service PR and Service PO with item category D where you have
activated AU as Unit of Measure at Item Level in t.code: ML91(in the field of Unit of Measure in item level field).

In you case you created PR with  quantity 1AU with price 100,000 and then converted that PR to PO. Again,you just increase price for that PR to 200,000 with same quantity 1AU (without changing quantity which is not possible) for which you want to create/update the PO!

As you already created PR and PO for quantity 1AU with price 100,000.Now better add a another line item for same service PR in item overview segment with quantity 1AU with price 100,000 and then convert that new quantity 1AU with price 100,000 from PR to a another PO.

Regards,

Biju K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gibi,

Please check configuration settings for the system messages..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brent,

Please check any user exit or BADi written for the Quantity check in PO.

bkilboy
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, There are no user exits or BADis.

0 Kudos

Hi Brent,

Please check the system message SE 438. It has been changed to an error message. Try changing it to a Warning Message. (Materials Management ---> External Services Management ---> Define Attributes of System Messages)

I think your issue will be solved.

Thanks and Regards,

Sravan

bkilboy
Participant
0 Kudos

I think changing the Error to a Warning would be a workaround but would not solve the actual problem, because we still want the error if the preq indeed doesn't have enough on it, but in this case it does, so the error is wrong.

RobynCouch
Contributor
0 Kudos

Target quantity is a field from a purchasing contract so there must be a contract referenced in the purchase requisition.

Check the contract and compare the target quantity with the total quantity of release orders.  If appropriate you could increase the target quantity to allow creation of this order.

Regards

Robyn

bkilboy
Participant
0 Kudos

There is no contract referenced on the PR or PO.

RobynCouch
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Brent

I've had a better look at the message now and it seems to be a services related message.  Sorry for pointing you in the wrong direction.

Have you tried adding a second services item instead of increasing the quantity on the existing one?  I have no idea if this is correct but there might be an unseen link between item 10 in the purchase order and the deleted item 10 in the requisition.

Regards

Robyn

bkilboy
Participant
0 Kudos

Looking through the history of this, it’s a mess. But I think I see why this is happening now. The PR line 20 had a service line 10 for 100K which the PO was created on. The PR was edited to delete Service line 10 for 100K and create service line 20 for 200K. So the PO just lists PR line 20 as its source but not which Service Line. I think it is still trying to compare it to the service line 10 instead of the service line 20, maybe there is a link in the background that you can’t see on screen? I would think they would have to create a new line on the PO instead of changing it now. But I also see they have entered Invoices on this PO line above the 100K now, so I’m not sure if those have to be removed and re-entered under the new line or what?

History below.

PR 10000137 line 10

Created 5/13

Created as 100,000 EA, but no D indicator

Released 5/15

Deleted 5/21 11:43

PR 10000137 line 20

Created 5/21 (SS10 for 100K) (No release needed since same value since line 10 deleted?)

Edited  6/6  100K>200K (Release removed?)

SS 20 Created for 100K.

Marked Deleted 6/6

Released? 6/27

Undeleted 8/27

SS10 Deleted 8/27

SS20 Changed to 200

Released 9/4

PO 4500010764

Created 5/21 (Based on PR SS line 10)

Released 6/3

UOM changed 7/9 AU>CAD

Quantity Changed 1 AU > 100,000 AU

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try with adding new line item in existing PO. Is the error coming ?

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check whether any other PO exists for the PR - You may check the same in the status tab in the PR.

If not, you may add a new item at service level for the total PR quantity and check. You may use the service selection button at services level to copy from PR. Please check and revert back.

Regards,

AKPT

bkilboy
Participant
0 Kudos

I checked and no other POs exist for the PR. They would really not like to add a new line, but rather amend the existing line because they already have invoices against this line for the additional amount above the 100,000 that they need to now enter the SES/GR for. (We have it set to allow invoices before SES).