Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPC 10 - MDX PARSER creation using RSTPRFC

former_member117942
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

we have installed BPC 10 for Netweaver on top of an existing SAP BW instance.

As mentioned in the post installation steps we have created the MDX PARSER RFC (Abap Type) using RSTPRFC transaction.

Everything goes fine except for the fact that the creation of this RFC type deleted the previous MDX PARSER rfc (TCPIP Type).

We found SAP Note 1817817 which clearly specify this:

BW After Import ABAP RFC connection is a self call RFC which means BW NW calls itself rather than call other NW systems. The connection is defined via transaction code RSTPRFC for transport purpose. Please do not use "MDX PARSER" as RFC destination which will overwrite the hardcoded "MDX PARSER" TCP/IP RFC connection. Please refer to http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/45/b517e0ed2f52f5e10000000a1553f7/content.htm on how to create it and refer to note 1727052 regarding the authorization for the RFC user.

Now, that link is broken and we have no idea how to create that RFC without deleting the first one.

We tried to create a MDX_PARSER but when we try to import a transport the post import method phase endend with error.

Any help?

Thanks.

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maurizio,

I suggest you follow the steps below in your target system:

1. First re-create your RFC "MDX PARSER" connection of type TCP/IP (run a connection test to confirm it's working).
  2. Then go to transaction RSTPRFC, select the BW client and create the RFC Connection for the import postprocessing. You can name it mostly anything so don't use "MDX PARSER", try a combination of your system name and client along with the transaction name.Enter a background user and password and save it.
  3. Now go back to SM59 and ensure the connection you entered above exists. It should be of the ABAP type and the user in the "Logon & Security" tab should match the one you entered above. Run a connection test and a Authorization test (utlities menu), both of them must run without issues.
  4. The background user from the two steps above must have at least S_BI-WHM_RFC profile (Importing Client-Dependent Objects - Generic Tools and Services - SAP Library)
  5. If you want extra authorization to ensure transport will succeed then grant SAP_BPC_SERVICE (profile must have been generated already) and SAP_ALL + SAP_NEW if you really don't want to bump into authorization issues.
  6. For your transport request try to transport the whole environment first.

Regards,

Marcelo

former_member117942
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Marcelo,

first of all, thanks for your help.

1- MDX PARSER created as TCP/IP RFC

2- Created both ABAP RFCs (BWPCLNT000 and BWPCLNT300) with BPC_SERVICE user

3- Connection and Authorization tests ok.

4 and 5- BPC_SERVICE user has SAP_BPC_SERVICE role and SAP_ALL, SAP_NEW and S_BI-WHM_RFC profiles.

/edit: at this point i tried to transport a CR. Same error in Method Execution phase.

6- I missed that point. I am not a BPC consultant, could you please be more specific?

Thanks.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maurizio,

For item 6 you need to refer to the BPC Administrator's Guide, chapter 5 where BPC transport is explained. Section 5.1.3.1 states how to transport the BPC environment.

There were some scenarios where ENVIRONMENTSHELL was missing and transports were failing, ensure you've followed the post-installation steps from BPC Install Guide.

If you have activated ENVIRONMENTSHELL already but want to ensure all its objects are correctly created you can refer to Note 1615644.

These guides can be found at SAP Business Planning and Consolidation 10.0, Version for SAP NetWeaver – SAP Help Portal Page.

If you already have transported the environment to the target system and this specifc transport request is moving a few objects only, try creating a new one as I suppose its related entries in table UJT_TRANS_OBJECT will be with error or active status already.

Lastly, check SLG1 at the same time the transport was running and see if there are further details on the errors there.

Regards,

Marcelo

former_member200327
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you have any other system where MDX connection is not broken? Just put in this server same setting that you see in the other one.

Regards.

former_member117942
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gersh,

MDX PARSER (TCPIP type) RFC in my system is not broken.

The problem occurs when i try to create the same RFC with the same name (but different type) with RSTPRFC transaction (as specified in the BPC post installation guide). The new RFC (ABAP type) appears, but the previous one (TCPIP) disappear!

And no, we do not have any other system with this two RFCs created.

Looking at the SAP Note there is a way to create the RFC for BPC, but we dont know how. We tried to change the name (MDX_PARSER instead MDX PARSER but seems not work)

Thanks.

Regards.

former_member200327
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Transaction RSTPRFC has nothing to do with MDX. Why are you trying to name it MDX PARSER?

Just find your client in ABAP folder of SU59 and provide that name in Destination box of RSTPRFC.

Regards.

former_member117942
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gersh,

i didnt understand anything anymore!

I tried to create the RFC as you said.

When i try to import a BPC transport request i receive the following message.

If i create the same RFC but with destination name MDX PARSER the import finish successfully (obviously the MDX PARSER TCPIP type RFC disappear).

Are you able to explain me this strange behaviour?

Thanks.

Regards.

former_member200327
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First of all, that RFC connection should be for the client you working in, not client 000.

Second, it's hard to tell what kind of error you got because details are visible only if you open those "plus" signs.

Third, did you see you object transported in the target  system after you tried it with MDX FRC?

Regards.

former_member117942
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gersh,

First: i created the RFC for both client, 000 and 300

Second:

Third: yes

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The after import method UJT_TLOGO_AFTER_IMPORT picks up the RFC destination from the table RSTPRFC in the target system in which transport is getting imported. (I guess the entry in this table is created via t-code RSTPRFC, am not quite sure). In your transport, it looks at BWPCLNT300.

The RFC destination and client shown in the table RSTPRFC should have a definition in SM59.

And the user assigned to it should have correct password maintained and proper BPC roles must be assigned to it. (please refer the installation guide for the roles).

Regards,

Bindu

former_member200327
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Now I can see that error came from import step. Can you share the error you have in Import step, not Post-Import?

Regards

former_member117942
Participant
0 Kudos

Theres no error in the import phase.

Regards.