Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Synch SOAP scenario - access request data as part of response mapping?

Hello experts,

I have a synch SOAP scenario which is working but I want to improve the error handling.

Under normal situation I send the SOAP request and the remote web service responds with a given message structure which includes my invoice number as a key field. I then create an IDOC with this number and processing is great.

However, sometimes there is an error response from the web service which follows a different message structure and does not include the invoice number :-(

There could be many reasons for this error such as a field was missing or wrong format or even we ran out of prepaid web service calls (this is to get a government approval of invoice which we pay for in groups of approvals).

When they respond with an error I would like to send this information in IDOC to SAP, but I have no invoice number to tie the response to. Therefore the information is kind of useless in ERP. Is there a way in PI for a response message to reference the synchronous request data we sent to the web service in the first place?

Many thanks for your ideas,

-Aaron

Former Member
replied

Hi Aaron,

If you have the invoice number in the request message then below blog will be helpful

Insert value from Request message to Response message using GetPayloadValueBean and PutPayloadValueBean

regards,

Harish

1 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question