cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

file adaptor

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, i have a doubt . my requirement is i want to send a flat file as a flat file using file adaptor. in that my structure consists 236 fields, i cant specifiy each and every field in that. it takes more time.

is there is any alternative for this.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In this case the best option is to treat your whole file as a single string and send it to XI. Create a DT with only single field of type String and pass your file as a string to it.

Create an appropriate mapping program to split that file and perform the transformations

Even at receiver side as well you can do like that.

I hope this clears you.

Shri

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

mannualy creating it in Ir will take more time rather than having it used in the XSD.

<b>Import XSD as External Definition</b>: An XSD can be imported into External definitions, and this creates the MT directly, and no DT required. They appear only under 'External Definitions'. Note: This XSD should contain a 'complex type' definition, which stands for DT. And also a root element declaration refering to this type, which stands for MT. In this case, we can have one XSD containing multiple DTs and MTs within it. All these MTs can be seen under the 'Messages' tab within an External Definition

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) Create two Data types and one element. One for source and one for target.

2) select your entire source message into the source element.

3) Do a one to one mapping between the source and target elements.

4) You will get your entire payload in the receiver file adapter.

5) Using content conversion you can extract the source payload on the target side.

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If both sender and receiver are flat file with content conversion with coma saeparated then there is a way to solve it.

- first my doubt is , you wat the same file from source to target , no structure modification, is it correct , or you want do some thing in mapping ??

So-

create a data type under row as root node with 0..unbound, message type . and create outbound interface and inbound interface with same mt.

so no need of mapping.if you dont have to do any thing in mapping except one to one.

and rest of config is same .

Only you have to give the file cc is

file record structure ; row

processing parameters

ignorerecordset ; true

row.fieldSeparator : ,

row.endseparator ; 'nl'

Regards

Chilla

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You will have to.

Either create a XSD or, manually create the datatype. But, in the sender file adapter you will have to give the field names maually in the Content Conversion. No other option.

Regards

Bhavesh

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

there are two:

1. you take everything as one field (the whole file)

and then you do something with is inside a mapping for example

2. you can get someone to do it for you

Regards,

michal