cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deep linking to entities&attributes on webportal from external source

0 Kudos

Hi,

We would like to deep link to specific entities and attributes on Powerdesigner Webportal from an external source (e.g. SAP Information Steward)

How can we achieve this?

Can we for example pass the required entity as a parameter in a webportal URL?

e.g.  throug the search URL  http://aisrv61534:8080/cmr/pages/searchadvanced.html?<SEARCH TERM>?

many thanks

Gijsbert Karens

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Xiao-yun
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

It is not possible with the current PD Web Portal.

However, the new PD Web UI (HTML5/SAP UI5 based) we will release shortly can support deep linking for diagrams, object properties and charts.

GeorgeMcGeachie
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please tell us more about the new PD Web UI, about what it can and can't do.

Do you plan to demonstrate it via a webinar?

Xiao-yun
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

It is not released yet.

It will be ready in a few weeks.

You would get more details in early Oct.

GeorgeMcGeachie
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Xiao - would it better for Gisjbert to link PD with Information Steward via the PD client instead of the portal?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Georges,

If you like see a Demo about SAPUI5

SAPUI5 SDK - Demo Kit

Platform Specific Help for SAPUI5

SAPUI5 is delivered to different platforms. This SAPUI5 Developer Guide focusses on platform independent topics. To find information on SAPUI5 functions specific to a platform, please read one of the following guides:

• SAP HANA Cloud PlatformInformation published on SAP siteThis guide provides additional help on how to run your SAPUI5 applications on an SAP HANA Cloud platform.
  • SAP HANA PlatformThis guide provides additional help on installing and testing in an SAP HANA platform environment.
  • User Interface Add-On for SAP NetWeaverThis guide provides additional help on using the SAPUI5 repository and translation infrastructure on an SAP NetWeaver application server ABAP.
  • Next one PowerDesigner

UI Development Toolkit for HTML5 (SAPUI5) - Getting Started

http://scn.sap.com/community/developer-center/front-end

Conference about SAPUI5 at TechEd 2014

ISUG-TECH : 2014 Conference Proceedings - Overview

Bye

GeorgeMcGeachie
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

On behalf of the group, thanks for the information. Personally, I'd never use it, as I don't build web pages (I like it when the tools do that for me, so I can get on with my job )