cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HANA CDS doesn't support type TINYINT

eddy_guo3
Explorer
0 Kudos

It seems to me that the Web IDE Editor doesn't seem recognize the TINYINT type in a CDS (.hdbdd) file.  The text doesn't turn into blue color.  Other type like INTEGER does turn into blue color. Do you see same issue?  I am using SP8.

In the HANA Studio, when I check the .hdbdd file, it error out with message: can not find artifact "TINYINT".  I tried "Tinyint", "TinyInt", "tinyInt" or "tinyint". None of them worked.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eddy,

You can find all primitive data types in CDS from the following link. Currently HDBDD does not support TINYINT.

CDS Primitive Data Types - SAP HANA Developer Guide - SAP Library

Best regards,

Wenjun

eddy_guo3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Wenjun,

I wonder what's the reason that CDS doesn't support TINYINT while HDBtable syntax does.  I also like to know if there's a plan to support TINYINT in CDS.

Eddy

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

CDS syntax is designed to be database agnostic and to be used in several environments. It is already used in HANA HDBDD, River, and ABAP.  Therefore sometimes the specification might not include all the features of the underlying database system in order to maintain consistency across all support platforms using it.

eddy_guo3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Thomas for the explanation!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

As you were not the only one asking for it - we opened up HANA CDS for the missing primitive data types: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_hanaplatform/helpdata/en/cf/394efd3fb4400f9c09d10315028515/content.htm (note the "hana" prefix!)

Best Regards,

Robin

eddy_guo3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Robin, thank you for letting me know. I think this is a good news for some people in the community. It is great to see SAP listened what community said.

Eddy

Answers (0)