Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhance picklist with lot size rounding quantity

thomaskenner
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I want to add the rounding value of the material master data to the picklist form template. We use the lot size rounding quantity as measurement for the Masterbox. Is it possible to extend the FormSiteLogisticsTaskExecutionRequest container with this field in PDI or UI?

Thanks & Best regards

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thomas,

It should certainly be possible to do via either one, however, to populate the value it will have to be done through the SDK.

I've done this for almost every customer we have that uses Pick Lists (it seems everyone wants extra information). The problem is that the Pick List isn't included in any extension scenarios. Part of this is due to the fact that the Pick List itself stores next to no information. It's actually all stored at the Warehouse Order (SiteLogisticsLot) level.

I usually end up adding Extension Fields on the Warehouse Order, then adding a customization to populate the Extension Fields using the Cloud Application Studio. The Extension Fields can then appear on the forms.

I'm hoping that SAP includes Outbound Delivery Request -> Warehouse Order as an Extension Scenario in a future release, but until then, as far as i know I've described the only way to currently do it.

thomaskenner
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the prompt answer! This was exactly the information I needed.

This leads me to another question, I’m a bit confused, if I try to enhance a print form of a BO via the Cloud Application Studio I can only see the Standard Forms, but not our customized ones. Do they use the same “container” to get their data, so if I add the extension field to the standard form and deploy the solution, will I be able to add the field into my customized form as well?

Thanks & Best regards

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thomas,

My understanding is that it extends the field by the "Template Group". If you add it to a Template Group, it will be available on all the Forms within that group, even custom ones.

For example, when you extend it to a Pick List, this form is within the "Move Lists" Template Group. So not only will it be available on Pick Lists, but also Put-Away Lists, Move Lists, etc.

Answers (0)