cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Intelligence Rich Client Save to Repository Permissions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have an issue where users can use web intelligence to save to the repository using the web client.

However, users cannot save to the repository when using the rich client. The repository location is greyed out. It is possible as when I have administrator rights, I am able to save to the repository correctly.

I have been looking but I can't find any documentation on this and nothing is jumping out at me when I am looking through rights at either the application or folder access levels.

Can anyone please point me in the direction where I might find some information on this?

Thanks in advance for any assistance given.

Regards,

Michael Welch

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

After quite a bit of trial and error, I have determined that it is the "Desktop - Export Documents" permission that allows users to save to the repository when using the rich client.

This was a little counterintuitive, but it seems to be fworking ok now.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Micheal,

As per prevoius update you are able to save report into repository using Administrator user, and not able to save report with non- Admin user.

Is your Non- Admin user part of Administrators group ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, when I gave the user administrator rights, they could save.

When I took away the administrator rights and left them with the regular access level, the option to save to the repository was greyed out nad disabled.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you are adding View on Demand Access level to that user and check the behaviour.