Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SU01 Mandatory Field Dialogue Screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My requirement is to make the "Contractual User Type ID"(US930-USERTYP)
screen field unted tab strip License data in SU01 on the user master record as
a mandatory field,

So I have been followed below steps to make it mandatory:

In SE-80 selected program SAPLLAW_SUU5 and screen number 0112,
Selected layout in change mode and checked for attributes of User type ID, in
the attributes selected program tab and changed the option from “Possible” to “Required”
option. These steps make the field mandatory in Tab strip License data “Contractual User Type ID”.

When I tried to create user in SU01, The system is checking
Last name and Initial password for mandatory input, we want the same check to
be enabled for Contractual User Type ID

Kindly share your valuable suggestions.

Regards

Rajasekhar S

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure if you have an exit to do this, but you can try through implicit enhancement..

Include LLAW_SUU5F01

FORM set_screen_fields_112

Regards

0 Kudos

Dear Abhijit,

Thanx for your quick reply,

I tried to debug Include LLAW_SUU5F01,

When I tried to create user in SU01 in debuging mode, Still the system is checking last name and Initial password for mandatory input after user able to creating.

When i go to particular tab strip License data then the debug mode is triggering.

Kindly suugest your valuable inputs.

Regards

Rajasekhar S

0 Kudos

Let me understand this... What you are saying is even if the user doesn't go to the license data tab it should check for the field contractual user Type ID??

0 Kudos

Dear Abhijit

Thanx for your quick reply,

Yes exactly, Here Basis team creating users in Su01 either manually or using LSMW.

Our client requirement is whenever user creating under LicenseData tab strip it should check for Contractual User Type ID field "US930-USERTYP" by mandatory.

Without entering this field parameter it should not allow to create user.

Regards

Rajasekhar S

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You could try to look for implicit enhancement in FM SUSR_USER_PROFS_BUFFER_SAVECHK  which is always executed in form save_check before update by SU01 transaction ?

Also as the license are managed in another function group (LLAW_SUU5) you may be required to perform some ASSIGN to check if data is not initial (or unassigned if screen not yet display, to be checked ?) then raise (RETURN parameter) an error or warning message to trigger re-display, or trigger a function code (LAW)  to display the tab ?

Regards,

Raymond

0 Kudos

Dear Raymond,

Thanx for your reply,

I have been checked FM SUSR_USER_PROFS_BUFFER_SAVECHK  and form save_check, Can you please eloborate more on this to fulfill my requirement.

Regards

Rajasekhar S

0 Kudos

Easiest way is to assign field  US930-USERTYP of program SAPLLLAW_SUU5 to a field-symbol in an implicit enhancement of the FM SUSR_USER_PROFS_BUFFER_SAVECHK, and if casting fails or if casting successful and field value is initial, add an error in RETURN parameter.

Regards,

Raymond

0 Kudos

Dear Raymond,

I have been done implicit enhancement for FM SUSR_USER_PROFS_BUFFER_SAVECHK for field
US930-USERTYP.

Created Field Symbol for field US930-USERTYP and assigned to casting, If US930-USERTYP
is blank throwing an information message like “
Enter value for Contractual User Type ID”.

Now whenever users creating in SU01 still its checking for last name and Initial password for mandatory input and after trying to save its populating an information message which we are maintaining, But after populating information message immediately user getting saved Without entering the parameter for US930-USERTYP under License Data tab strip. It’s not checking for Contractual User Type ID field ".

Kindly suugest your valuable inputs.

Regards

Rajasekhar S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have been tried to make thefield mandatory under Tab strip License data “Contractual User Type ID” in module pool program, when I tried to create user in SU01, The system is checking Last name and Initial password for mandatory input, we want the same check to be enabled for Contractual User Type ID.

I have created transaction variant for SU01 tcode and screen variant for field US930-USERTYP in SHD0, But
still it’s not fulfill my requirement.

And implicit enhancement in Include LLAW_SUU5F01 and FORM set_screen_fields_112, But Still the system is checking last name and Initial password for mandatory input after user able to creating.
When I go to particular tab strip License data then the enhancement code is triggering.

I have been done implicit enhancement for FM SUSR_USER_PROFS_BUFFER_SAVECHK for field US930-USERTYP, Still It’s not checking mandatory for Contractual User Type ID field.

Kindly share your valuable suggestions.

Regards

Rajasekhar S