cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Cloud SDK : Create Quick or List Modification form require in Embed Component

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need requirement to create the quick create or List Modification in embed component.

I have already make button for "Quick Activity" but i need quick create or List Modification from.

I have also try using the following blog.

I have follow the steps.

1) Go to embed component select the "DataModel" and select "DataList" right click on it and select "Add List Modification Structure".

2) Now from the right side selected BOModel Drag and Drop the element you want to display in the Form and bind correctly.

3) Now go to Designer tab and from the "Toolbar" double click on "ListModficationForm" from the Panes.

4) Once the ListModificationForm open in designer open the BO browser and select the Data Model tab.

5) Drag and Drop the element from the newly created "List Modification Structure" in previous steps and under the property window under the "Associated List Modification Structure" select the created List modification structure from the Root.

6) Now create event handler to call this form and under the event add operation "ListModification" and  select the operation "Start" and under the List Modification Structure select the created structure from Root.

7) I have assign this event in Add button OnClick Property when i activate and Test it. i getting dump.

Please suggest me in the above steps i have mentioned any step missing or any steps i have do the wrong configuration.

I have create the Custom business object with "Object Based Screen" ( QA, QIF, QWL , PTP,WCF, WCView.

so i try using Quick Create QC using creation of screen but i dont know what the configuration require to call QC from embed component.

Please suggest me if anyone have idea about this 2 solutions.

Many Thanks,

Mithun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

HorstSchaude
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Mithun,

I have seen the ListModification only working for ThingTypes.

Bye,

Horst

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Horst,

I did manage to place a ListModification in a  Custom QA of ByDesign (which does not support Thing Types).  So List Modification does work also in other places.

Unfortunately, my knowledge regarding list modifications ends here...

sorry for not being able to be helpful.

Best regards,

Ludger

HorstSchaude
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Ludger,

To define this in the UI Designer is one thing.

Did your ListModification works in ByD?

Bye,

Horst

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Horst,

well, it was just an experiment to test the list modification after the blog entry was published.

So I did not test it extensively.

However, to answer your question:

I did manage to add two items to a list using the Browser, without any perceived anomalies (no dumps or such).

But that's where I stopped experimenting with this feature.

Best regards,

Ludger

HorstSchaude
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Ludger,

So it works for OBN based and TT base UIs.

Good to know.

But bad for Mithun as the root cause is not found.

Bye,

Horst

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Thanks for your valuable reply and discussion.

Do you have any alternative way like Quick Create because i have already created the Quick Activity navigation button in the embed component?

Or Is it possible to make Quick Create( I have create the object based screen) if yes what are the steps require to add quick create button in embed component?

Many Thanks,

Mithun

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

RaviTejaGuptha
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mithun,

May I Know how you solved this issue. I am also facing same error.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I have used the other way to call Quick Create/ Quick Activity screen in my requirement and i have make using OBN and i achieve it.

Many Thanks,

Mithun

RaviTejaGuptha
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Mithun.