cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

difference between Add and Include Link in Universe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Team,

I did not got the concept of few topics?

(1) what is the exactly difference between "ADD" & "Include Link" in Universe parameter? In what situations we use it?

(2)As a developer, How can I check the performance of a query in Webi? I mean query executed time, user executed by, date,time etc?

(3)As a developer, How to justify no of rows coming from Database is equal to no of rows present in Webi?

(4) I am aware about two types of schemas well (i.e) Star schema & SnowFlake Schema. If any other schema is used Plz update me?

Thanks in Advance.

Kittu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member4998
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

(1) what is the exactly difference between "ADD" & "Include Link" in Universe parameter? In what situations we use it?

• Are you looking options in IDT/UDT? And which version? Can you share the screenshot

(2)As a developer, How can I check the performance of a query in Webi? I mean query executed time, user executed by, date,time etc?

• Run the report in the WebI Rich Client and run the report, then click on the Data. You can able to see the data in the rows w.r.t data ,duration  and etc….

Find the below screenshot.

(3)As a developer, How to justify no of rows coming from Database is equal to no of rows present in Webi?

• Run the report in the WebI Rich Client and run the report, then click on the Data. You can able to see the data in the rows  and check the webi report no rows.

(4) I am aware about two types of schemas well (i.e) Star schema & SnowFlake Schema. If any other schema is used Plz update me?

• There are four types of schemas are available in data warehouse. Out of which the star schema is mostly used in the data warehouse designs. The second mostly used data warehouse schema is snow flake schema.

• And Extended star schema
    • Extended star schema is refinement of star schema. SAP Netweaver BW Infocube model is an extended star schema.
    • The dimension table link to infoobjects that can have master data, texts and hierarchies maintained that can be used across.

Find the below link for more info

Data Warehousing Schemas

Note: PLEASE mark blog as helpful & answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreenivasulu Dasari,

Thanks for your reply.

(1Q) what is the exactly difference between "ADD" & "Include Link" in Universe parameter? In what situations we use it?

Query:These parameters I found in SAP BO3.1 version as well as in SAP BO 4.0 version in UDT (i,e) File > Parameters > Links. I guess there is no equvilaent in IDT. Plz find screen shoot of the same.

Query:At webi Level I will be knowing no of records, But how to justify that no of records is same in Database? I mean how do we crosscheck with database, Do we use any tool to compare records of webi with DB or any other process?

Awaiting for your response.

I once again thanks for your support.

Regards,

Kittu

former_member4998
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Query:At webi Level I will be knowing no of records, But how to justify that no of records is same in Database? I mean how do we crosscheck with database, Do we use any tool to compare records of webi with DB or any other process?

There is no tool to compare records of webi with DB or any other process. You need to prepare some test cases. based on back-end DB.

For ex: your webi report displaying EMP Name, EMP No, Manger Name.

DB is SQL. You need to write sample test codes below like

Select EMP Name, EMP No, Manger Name

From EMP table

Where country = IND

Then You need to run the sql code SQL server management studio, and check same results are getting in the webi report are same. Like that you need to prepare test cases and get sign-off from business.

(1Q) what is the exactly difference between "ADD" & "Include Link" in Universe parameter? In what situations we use it?

Query:These parameters I found in SAP BO3.1 version as well as in SAP BO 4.0 version in UDT (i,e) File > Parameters > Links. I guess there is no equvilaent in IDT. Plz find screen shoot of the same.

The Links tab is used with dynamically linked universes, if you want to link the new universe with an existing universe

Add Link: button to select a universe to link with the new universe.

When you set up a link between universes, any change you or other designers make to the core universe are dynamically reflected in the derived universes. You can link only universes that meet the following conditions:

• The core universe and active universe were created from the same data account and the same RDBMS.
  • The core universe was exported and re-imported at least once.
  • Exported derived universes are located in the same universe domain as the core universe.
  • All classes and objects are unique in both the core universe and the derived universe.
  • You are authorized to link the given universe.

Include

Other than linking universes, you can include the components of the core universe in a derived universe.

When you do this, the universe design tool copies the components of the core universe to the derived universe.

The resulting components in the derived universe are independent of those in the core universe. Therefore, modifying a core universe has no effect on any universes derived from it.

Note: PLEASE mark blog as helpful & answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your time.

I cleared all my doubts. Hope u will be assisting for future queries...

Answers (0)