cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in calling Webservice from Webdynpro ABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to call a BAPI FM which is available in SAP ECC server when user is clicking on a button in a web dynpro application which is available in SAP Portal server.

For example,

Portal server name is DVP-EPP &
ECC server name is DVP-ECC

I have the done the following steps to achieve it,

In Server DVP ECC:

1) Created Web service from the standard BAPI FM (SE37-->Utilities-->More Utilities-->Create WebService --> From the the Func.Module)

2) Downloaded the WebService as WSDL file from SOAMANAGER

3) Tested the Web service through SE80, it is correctly calling the BAPI & creating necessary data.

In Server DVP EPP:

4) Created a Proxy class as follows,

a) SE80 --> Package --> Create --> Enterprise service
b) Selected Object type "Service Consumer"
c) Selected Service Consumer "Local File"
d) Browsed and selected WSDL file downloaded from DVP ECC
e) Selected the Package, Prefix, Request, Completed the process & Activated it.

5) Configured the Logical port as follows,

a) Selected my Proxy class through F4
b) Wrote a name for Logical port, Selected 'Default port' checkbox and selected 'Create'
c) In the next screen, in 'Call parameters' tab, selected the 'URL' radio button & mentioned the URL of the WSDL-Document created in DVP-ECC system
d) Saved the data & activated it

5) Now, tested the service through (SE80-->Package-->Enterprise Services-->Client Proxy) option.

6) When I test it, system prompts a dialog box for User-Name & Password (as available in DVP-ECC system).

After the details are given, system throws the Information message as "SOAP:14 Unexpected element -el=definitions ns=http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/" - Exception of class CX_AI_SYSTEM_FAULT

No record is created in DVP-ECC through the WebService BAPI.

Please tell me whether the steps that I followed are correct as per my requirement and a solution for the above interruption.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day guys,

Somehow I managed to resolve the above error.

Now in DVP-EPP system, I am able to Test the Web service Client Proxy (through SE80) and a record is successfully created in destination system (DVP-ECC).

Now, in Webdynpro I am unable to call this webservice proxy class.

System throws the error,

Error (id=SoapFaultCode:5): Web service processing error; more details in the

web service error log on provider side (UTC timestamp 20141006045544;

Transaction ID 9A144DE49C12F1B5A6B9E41F137BE3CC)

I just created a sample WDA application and on click of a button I am calling the Webservice Proxy class as follows,

Method on_submit_click().

TRY.
      CREATE OBJECT wd_assist
        EXPORTING
          logical_port_name = 'ZLOG_PORT'. "Logic port creatd for Proxy class (in SOAMANAGER)

CALL METHOD wd_assist->bus1240create     "Method available in generated Proxy Class
        EXPORTING
          input  = ls_inp                                        
        IMPORTING
          output = ls_outp.

CATCH cx_ai_system_fault.
  ENDTRY.

ENDMETHOD.

Do I have to do any thing additionally in order to call the WebService in WDA?? Because, in the same system, if I test it in SE80, record is perfectly created in destination server.

Also please suggest if I have to do any other configuration changes related to this.

Keenly awaiting your reply.

Have a nice day .

Thank you.