cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Counter based maintenance plan - Incorrect Measurement Reading

Former Member

We have a counter based maintenance plan that is supposed to trigger an order every 3600 counters. Accidentally a user entered a measurement  and made a typo that caused the jump in the reading by a million. This resulted in SAP triggering several hundred orders.

Is this behavior normal and is there any way to stop it?  Either give an error when a wrong reading is entered or let SAP create only one work order instead of creating hundreds of them.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We had a very similar incident.

We subsequently utilised user-exit IMRC0004 to check the new measurement value was within a certain %. If not, then a popup is issued to warn the user.

Talk to your ABAP Team.

PeteA

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

S0022314014
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anir

What I usually suggest is using the completion requirement box to be set for counter based plans including the multi-counter ones. The other thing is  running deadline monitoring with shorter call intervals for these maintenance plans in order to limit creation of the orders/notifications. First does not allow creation of multiple objects at the same time and the second helps creation of the subsequent orders not too early.

The enhancement that was addressed by Pete Atkinis a very smart one which will also control/check the correct entry of the measurement readings.

Regards

Savas

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Savas

Although the IP30 call interval and completion confirmation options may technically work, if the user enters a very high value (several orders on magnitude) then multiple orders will still be created. And often the completion confirmation option isn't suitable either due to business process constraints.

PeteA

S0022314014
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pete

Yes, you are right! I t will create tons of calls. But if I am not wrong, it will not create the subsequent call object (order or notification) unless the previous one is completed. Again, yes, you are right, the scheduling will be impossible to manage.

Cheers

Savas