Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to integrate two Portal components in NetWeaver 7.3

vdurgarao09
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I need to implement the re-usability of portal component in my project. For common functionalities that needs to be called in another Portal components.

Example:-

In my portal components Database Connection method using all components.so each portal component level that method implemented.I need to eliminate this process.one common like util component i need to create,This one i can use to any other portal component.So i want know this is possible or not.Possible  means please tell me the step by step.

Thank for advance,

Thank and Regards,

Durga Rao.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi Dirgarao,

When you create a portal component you have 2 main folders for your code:

"src" and "api" whatever classes you will put in the api folder will be accessible from other components using the sharing reference.

Setting Sharing References in Portalapp.xml - Migrating Application Projects from SAP NetWeaver 7.0 ...

Example:

portalapp.xml - Portal - SAP Library

BR,

Saar

vdurgarao09
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saar,

Thanks for your reply.

i. Core (default): Places the file in the src.core project directory and makes it private.

ii. API: Places the file in the src.api and makes it public.

In src.api place we can sharing class reference.

But my question is the following path folder having some files.That files we can access or not.

• portalcomp\dist\PORTAL-INF
  • portalcomp\dist\scripts
  • portalcomp\dist\images
  • portalcomp\dist\css

I have css and js files  i need to maintain all portal component .So i need to be create one portal component.This portal component is use to remaining all portal components. Because any css and js file changed, i need to change all portal components.So this is avoiding purpose i needed.Once i changes done in portal component that should be reflect to all portal competent.

It is Possible  means please tell me step by step.

Thanks for advance,

Regards,

Durgarao

0 Kudos

Hi Durgarao,

If you are using a late SP of 7.3 you will have the Web Resource Repository (WRR), which you can use to manage your resources and to prevent files to be placed in multiple components.

The Last 3 links are code relevant, the first 2 are explanation regarding the WRR (even though it focuses on mobile in the links it's relevant throughout the portal).

http://scn.sap.com/community/enterprise-portal/blog/2012/11/05/sap-netweaver-portal-web-resource-rep...

http://scn.sap.com/community/enterprise-portal/blog/2012/11/05/easy-branding-using-sap-netweaver-por...

Portal - SAP Library

IResourceRepositoryService

com.sap.portal.resource.repository.branding

Hope this helps,

Saar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rao,

You can use external library DC.

Please refer to the link below to create  the external DC:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/006a6229-b1ed-2e10-0c8c-cc5673cf2...

Regards,

Ashvin

vdurgarao09
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashvin,

Thanks for your reply.

External libraries will be having only java classes,but i want to reuse the JSP and JS by generating the single portal component,So is there any possibility of generating a single portal component which will be having the JSP's and JS which are used in the other portal component also.

Regards,

Durgarao

0 Kudos

Hi Durga,

Lets Assume Two DCs 1)DCa using 2)DCb

Steps to integrate

1. In DCa make compoment as public part in DC MetaData.

2. in DCb Used DCs(in DC MetaData) add DCa.

3. In interfce controler

3.1 Add Compoment controler in propertises.

3.2 Call the method of compoment controler.

4. In DCb Used Web Dynpro Component add component of DCa.

5. Create a Data link from compoment controler of Dcb to interfcae controler DCa.

6. Add DCb Compoment in Dcb view by properties thn call metod of Dca inteface controler. 

vdurgarao09
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

Thank for your reply.

I am asking portal components.Please check my question again.I don't Web Dynpro  component uses.