Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Connect SAP BO server to domain after the installation.

Hello,

I would like to ask if it is fine to connect SAP BO BI 4.x Windows host to the customer domain after the installation of SAP BO.

I was trying to find answer on this but nowhere is explicitly recommended to connect SAP BO host to domain before the installation.

My question is related to Windows AD Authentication where two conditions need to be secured:

1. Windows AD authentication only works if the CMS is run on Windows

2. These Windows machine must be joined to the appropriate AD domain

What I found till know is that you can use Windows AD Authentication only when SAP BO server is in domain.

What is concerning me is that when I start with installation of SAP BO on the server which is not connected to any domain then the installation process is taking during the installation actual hostname of the SAP BO server (e.g. boserver) automatically. There is no requirement or possibility to specify hostname or IP address manually during the installation process. And I assume that connecting SAP BO server to the domain after installation will cause that hostname will change (e.g. to boserver.domain.com).

So question is if this change will cause any issue for functionality of SAP BO application. If not could you please send me an official statement from SAP Note or any BO Documentation as I was not able to find any.

Thanks in advance for opinions and answers.

BR,

Peter

Tags:
Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question