Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User defined message search in 7.1 EHP1

former_member69608
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello!

I'm trying out the user defined message search right now and it's great. However, I got one question about the indexing. In what way and how much will this affect the system?

Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan - We have configured UDMS in our landscape and I don't see any big impact in terms of system performance so far.( We are on 7.3 and all our scenarios are ICo's)

On the other side for the PI release that you are currently on(7.11), has some limitation for the productive usage.

Have a look at the below notes from SAP:

PI monitors in NetWeaver Administrator not supported for production scenarios

PI monitors in NetWeaver Administrator not supported for production scenarios. This includes the user defined message search functionality, e. g. the search for payload attribute values; the lean message search is therefore not supported for production scenarios, and this includes the configuration of this functionality as well as the monitoring at runtime. Starting with Support Package 6 for EHP1 for SAP NetWeaver PI 7.1 the user defined search can be configured in & used for the integration server ABAP client. The SAP NetWeaver Administrator for PI is not supported for use in production scenarios. Not all PI monitors from the Runtime Workbench are completely integrated  into the SAP NetWeaver Administrator for PI. SAP recommends that customers use the Runtime Workbench for PI monitoring in production scenarios and would not support the installation, configuration and usage of the SAP NetWeaver Administrator for PI.

Reference : 1247043 - Release Restrictions for EHP 1 for SAP NetWeaver PI 7.1

former_member69608
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I have read read the note regarding the limited/no support for production scenarios. However, it seems that this only applies if you want to use the java-bases search in NWA, right? I want to use the user defined serach in integration server ABAP client / gui.

That should be ok?

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

AFAIK - You should be fine

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos