cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EHP7 Technical Upgrade without activating Business Function - Impact on ESS and MSS

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

With regards to EHP7 update, I am seeking your attention and assistance on another query as below:

we are at EHP3 and looking forward to go to EHP7 , only technical upgrade - we are not going to activate buisness function.

As I explored and found that there are huge change and new features in EHP4 in E modules, like E-rec, talent management, ESS MSS - I woould like to know is there any impact on existing application running on ESS/MSS with news features come up with EHP4, EHP5, EHP6,EHP7 even if we DONT activate buisness function.

Lets take an example, we have self service on behalf of application on MSS as of now on EHP3, it will be there in EHP 7 as well but will there be any impact on the funcationality or features if we are not activating buisness function?? Same ways, we have so many new features in EHP 7 for E-rec, LSO, but will they exist if we do not active buisness function.

Seeking your expert inputs on this.

Many thanks & regards

Priya.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There might be some dependency, if you needs accurate info then probably help.sap.com is best place, read the documentation on the respective business function.

If u don't activate then u will not be able to see the SPRO config for that.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Jwala and Yugandhar,

I would again like to draw your attention on my concern:

* What all application could have impact or have any visible changes when we are doing only technical upgrade, not Buisness function is activated.

* We are aware and have explored that N number of new features and changes are there in EHP7 if we activate buisness function - so before suggesting this to client, we are on due deligence phase, what all functional configuration we need to do.

Experts, I really can not forecast, what all things we need to do being a functional consultant in the both cases, if we activate buisness function or Not.

Looking forward for inputs.

Many thanks.

Regards

Priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

if u upgrade from ehp 6 tp EHP 7 in SFW5 some new business functions will be getting visible and you have to activate those business functions then you will get config nodes in spro , u can search in scn or google the new features in ehp 7 for ess mss u can get that document and check what all you can activate there

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jwala,

I have closed this thread with the helpful answers marked - Thanks for your inputs.

This thread was raised when I was in other company and we were supposed to for only technical upgrade ..

Now I am in other company and we went for fresh implementation of EHP7 and You must seen my numerous threads

Thanks alot

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

There will probably be some minor changes but most of them will not be visible. That's why you have the business functions to activate.

But therefore you also normally perform an upgrade on a sandbox to see what changes (or on DEV)

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Andy,

Would like to please know if there are any application which wont be compatible/running with EHP7 technical upgrade until we activate buisness function for the same.

Inshort, is there anything for which Buiness function must be activated ?

Since we are in due deligence phase, we are on job of identifying all impacted areas while updating from EHP3 to EHP7. Be it any HCM module, or any technical component.

Seeking information for the same please.

Many thanks & regards

Priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

my dear friend :-

from EHP5 we are using WD ABAP functionality and EHP 6 AND 7 is totally into WDABAP and having exciting features like landing page etc.,for this u need to activate WDABAP switches in SICF , if ur not activating those switches u cannot see the WDABAP node in SPRO  

Business Package for Employee Self-Service (WDA) 1.50 - SAP Library

the above is for ESS WDABAP

http://scn.sap.com/community/erp/hcm/employee-self-service/blog/2012/05/31/tips-recommendations-for-...

ESS - BPERPESSWDA 1.51  activate the business functions HCM_ESS_WDA_1 & HCM_ESS_WDA_2).

Business Package for MSS Add-On 1.0 here activate the business function HCM_MSS_WDA_1

deployment options for mss wdabap :

https://help.sap.com/erp_mss_addon10/helpdata/en/0d/d419a132c54befb6af6baf24398dec/frameset.htm

SAP Library - Business Package for MSS Add-On 1.0

if u want to use MSS Add on  business package you have to deploy EA_HR-MSS and EMBORGCH in your backend system

yu  need to deploy SAP Portal 7.04 Compatible  business packages for ESS/MSS.

BPERPESSWDA , MSS Addon 1.0 once you deploy this, you will see Web Dynpro ABAP portal role assigned with ESS Overview (WDA iVIew.)

BF SHOULD be activated in sfw5 :-

HCM_ESS_WDA_1
HCM_ESS_WDA_2
HCM_LOC_CI_11
HCM_LOC_CI_12
HCM_LOC_CI_21
HCM_LOC_CI_22
HCM_LOC_CI_26
HCM_LOC_CI_32
HCM_LOC_CI_33
HCM_LOC_CI_36
HCM_MSS_WDA_1

HCM_TMC_CI_2

FIN_TRAVEL_1

HCM_LSO_CI_2

HCM_LSO_CI_3

HCM_PD_UI_1

to download the business package from service market place: ask ur basis guy to install the above  packages :-

next u have to check system alias in the system administration  in UWL :-(portalside)

SAP_ECC

SAP_ECC_Common

SAP_ECC_Financials

SAP_ECC_HumanResources

SAP_EREC_TalentManagement

SAP_R3

SAP_SEM

SAP_WebDynpro_XSS

IF U want to use POWL refer below : -