Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

EHP7 Technical Upgrade without activating Business Function - Impact on ESS and MSS

Hi Experts,

With regards to EHP7 update, I am seeking your attention and assistance on another query as below:

we are at EHP3 and looking forward to go to EHP7 , only technical upgrade - we are not going to activate buisness function.

As I explored and found that there are huge change and new features in EHP4 in E modules, like E-rec, talent management, ESS MSS - I woould like to know is there any impact on existing application running on ESS/MSS with news features come up with EHP4, EHP5, EHP6,EHP7 even if we DONT activate buisness function.

Lets take an example, we have self service on behalf of application on MSS as of now on EHP3, it will be there in EHP 7 as well but will there be any impact on the funcationality or features if we are not activating buisness function?? Same ways, we have so many new features in EHP 7 for E-rec, LSO, but will they exist if we do not active buisness function.

Seeking your expert inputs on this.

Many thanks & regards

Priya.

Former Member
Former Member replied

There might be some dependency, if you needs accurate info then probably help.sap.com is best place, read the documentation on the respective business function.

If u don't activate then u will not be able to see the SPRO config for that.

1 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question