cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking webi reports dynamically

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a main report linked to a sub report. The customer can run the main report or schedule the main report.

So here my question is how to create the open document url (with refresh on open option or with the latest instance option)?

How to change this dynamically based on how the user is accessing the main report?

Because if customer runs the main report on-demand and clicks the hyperlink then it should open the sub report (with refresh on open) option and fetch the latest data.

Else

if customer schedules the main report and clicks the hyperlink then it should open the latest instance of the sub-report.

How to achieve this?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

kohesco
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

i think the solutions is to create a hyperlink based on an IF - ELSE.

best is to have like a difference between scheduling user : scheduler AND BO user=his credentials

you could go IF CurrentUser()="scheduler" THEN <url+sInstance=Last> ELSE <url+sRefresh=Y>

If there is no difference, then you can go via last time report was excecuted ...

using LastExecutionDate() and/or LastExecutionTime() comparing with currentdate() and/or currenttime()

But that's more tricky

former_member210032
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Divya,

While saving the report before you checked the option refresh on open see the screenshot.

Regards

Mustafa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

My requirement is not just enabling refresh on open.

It should be refresh on open when we run the main report on-demand

It should open the latest instance if the user opens the scheduled instance of the main report