cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP ERP 6.0 EHP7 upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are upgrading SAP ERP 6.0 to SAP ERP 6.0 including EHP7 .My doubt is that can we perform client copy during the up gradation process. It would be grateful for your answers with justifications / suggestions.

regards

uday reddy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

can we perform client copy during the up gradation process

NO..

For more read Upgrade guide to understand before which stage you can and after which you can't.

Also, when your system is locked and about system resources.

Regards,

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

can we perform client copy during the up gradation process.

Why do you want to do a client copy during an upgrade ? Even if the client copy is scheduled to run, at one stage it will fail. One of the main requirement is to have the SP level (especially the BASIS components) of the system at the same level to do a client copy. Also this can interrupt the upgrade process very well.

Even if you start the client copy when the upgrade is under execution at one point of time one of the processes will terminate (most probably the client copy).

Once you start the down time phase the main system will be stopped which is one of the reasons why the client copy can fail.

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

You need to primarily make sure that the source system Kernel, OS and DB are compatible for EHP7 implementation.

Check PAM for that.

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/pam?hash=pvnr%3D01200314690900005013%26pt%3Dt%257CPLTFRM%26ainst...

I suggest you to create a stack file for the upgrade using the Solution Manager Maintenance Optimizer as this will take care of all the dependencies.

Also read these SAP notes.

1818596  - Enhancement package 7 for SAP ERP 6.0: Required SWC

1737650  - EHP7 for SAP ERP 6.0 SP Stacks - Release & Information Note

I suggest you to consider reading the related notes mentioned at the bottom of the SAP notes

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your quick reply rajendra,

I have already performed upgrade on test system successfully.Out of my enthusiasm i am asking is it possible to perform client copy (say local /remote client copy) when upgrade process is active (running) .If no why? what are the implications.

regards

uday reddy

madasamy_arunachalam
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Why you want to perform "client copy" while upgrade is in Progress ?

Technically, you can't... bcz. during upgrade/execution phase, only shadow instance is active (for conversion step [of actual or original objects of your earlier version], i.e. actual upgrade process in active) and actual instance will be back to "operation status" once execution phase is completed & due to this reason, you can't perform any such activity (or in other words, you should not perform any other activities otherwise there is chance of loosing both (active and shadow) instances.

regards

Swami