cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to restrict Purchase Requisition creation sepcific to material group wise only.

asharkazmi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Please let me know, how can purchase requisition creation can be restricted to one specific material group only.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As of my knowledge, there is no blocking functionality exists based on material group. If you need to block all the purchasing activities for the specific material group, then you may check the following option:

1. Create a custom material status in OMS4 with purchasing block as show below:

2. Go to MASS (with object BUS1001) and maintain the material group as selection. Enter the specific material group and mass change the Xplant material status field to the newly created material status.

If you need to block only PR creation, then you may go for development. If you are going for development, I would suggest to create a ztable for maintaining the material groups to be blocked for PR and then choose the material group from the ztable and issue message accordingly.

Regards,

AKPT

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello r

Mr.  AKPT  yes its also working i was try in my system but this case we should maintain material status for every new material in time of creation if suppose we forget to enter the material status in new material then user able to create the PR.

And through Mass Maintain maintain the exist materials  material status for that  specific group.

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are right - The newly created materials with the particular material groups are also to be maintained with the material status - which can be manual process or custom background job.

Anyway, I would wait for the response from the OP.

Regards,

AKPT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ashar,

You Can Use User Exit: ME_PROCESS_REQ_CUST

For restricted to one specific material group only in PR You Can Take help Of Your ABAPER.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashar,

Try to provide authorization group for particular user in OMSF.

Regards

Subbu.