cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selectively disable change of master data fields in a tab of product-location master APO

0 Kudos

Dear all , We have a requirement to selectively disable change access of master data fields in a tab of product-location master in APO. Example: - In Procurement tab of product-location master, user should have change access to procurement type but not to planned delivery time. Can you please let me know if we can meet this by any standard SAP functionality or if you have worked on such developments. Thanks in advance, Regards, Mrigendra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mrigendra,

The "User Interface Field Security" package is an add-on to ECC. It works with web dynpros and ECC fields. It has not been tested with APO. If you let me know your region and contact information, I can get the right person at SAP to answer more questions about it. You can find my email in my profile. Search People -> Last Name -> Kirkwood.

The alternative is ABAP and something like expert Vinoth has suggested.

Best Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos

Hi Maclean , Thanks for your inputs. I have sent you my contact details. Please let me know if you are aware of some SAP colleagues who can answer this. Regards, Mrigendra

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

tobias_keller3
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Mrigendra,

There is a SAP Custom Development offering for "User Interface Field Security" (a.k.a. "UI Masking") that allows you to selectively mask (scramble) the content of fields displayed in SAP GUI. The solution would also deny edit access to any user not specifically authorized to access a data field (in edit mode, data fields/columns are either delivered as read-only, or hidden).

There is some preliminary information in the space for UI Logging (a related solution which I am also product owner for):

http://scn.sap.com/community/ui-logging

You best start with the document "getting started", there's a direct link to the UI Masking presentation.

You can also use that channel to contact me.

Cheers,

Tobias

rohnaela
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

It seems you can do that by creating suitable Authourization Role and Profile, Please reach out to your Security/Basis Team. They could help you.

There is no standard to restrict the access with sepcific to individual fields i believe

Thanks

Vinoth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mrigendra,

SAP's Custom Development Group developed an add-on called "User Interface Field Security" which makes selected, sensitive fields modifiable through the IMG only. I'm trying to track down more information about it. So, I don't know if it is applicable for APO.

Best Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mrigendra,

But as per standard SAP functionality, fields are modifiable you cant restrict them.

May be you can work with ABAPER , restrict the user authorization of master data.

Develop any custom program and give only the fields which needs to be modified.

I haven't work on any requirement of this type.But you will need ABAP help i am pretty sure on this.

Regards,

Nitish