cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow not triggering

0 Kudos

Hi, All

I have a standard workflow, which i've enhanced by generating a new version, and making my enhancement.

Now the workflow is not getting triggered, i've checked everything (event linkage, linkage in swe2, check function module, start condition).

My trace is activited SWELS, even then after triggering the workflow  from the portal i can't see any entry in SWEL. It shows other events of the same BO. But not the one, which i am looking for.

Please help it's urgent.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

I042439
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi

Are the development and test clients same? If not, did you do an SCC1 on the customizing TR for activating linkage from the DEV to Test Client?

regards,

Modak

0 Kudos

What is SCC1, if Tcode then i Dont have authorization for it. But i've not transported my developement yet. It's still in development system. I'm testing it there only.

Please tell me while other workflows are getting triggered from portal, then why not mine. I can only see the Same BO,  different event gets triggered, which doesn't even have any Workflow assigned to it.

I042439
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi

I mentioned "Client" and not "system".

Most commonly, development client is different from test...say you develop in DEV-900 , but test in DEV-901. System is same, however test CLIENT is different.

Workflow is a repository object and is a cross client object.

However, when you "Activate" the event linkage in triggering events tab (the grey to green diamond) ... system asks for a CUSTOMIZING TR. You have to import the customizing TR from DEV client to DEV TEST Client (if they are different in your system).

SCC1 is a Tcode to do that.

if you have activated the event linkage in , say DEV-900, and you are testing in DEV-901, then you have to do this - ask your basis team to do this for you (give them the TR).

If your test client is the same - then there can be something else behind the issue.

regards,

Modak

0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your immediate response.

In my case the system is same, but I'm testing in developement system only (looking into the log). Dont know where to go now.

No transportation has been done till now, just generated new version of the existing WS, and made 3 more background steps, to update the data. Then activated the WS.

Please tell am i missing something

I042439
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

What is your triggering event and the BO? Can you give a screen shot from the workflow header for the triggering event?

Rgeards,

Modak

0 Kudos

The BO, is BUS1006200, event is TOBERELEASED.

waiting for your response. Thanks for your continued support.

I042439
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Shashikant

Have you confirmed the client to which the portal is connected to (CLIENT and not just the system)?

Are we checking in the same client? Please take note that iam mentioning CLIENT and not just system.... system ID will remain same, but client can vary!

Also, was this event triggering before you created your own version?

Regards,

modak

0 Kudos

Yes the portal is connected to same client. The event was triggering before i created a new version.

Other workflows are triggering. Even for my workflow, other event of the same BO gets triggered, which has no receivers assigned to it.

anjan_paul
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please re configure the linkage of workflow with portal and test

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

try it with class because i was facing an authorization issue with bo and with class i was able to trigger my workflow .

Regards.

Jaydeep

paul_bakker2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In that case you would change the authorizations, not the underlying business object of your workflow...! 

cheers

Paul

paul_bakker2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"The event was triggering before i created a new version."

I can assure you that the creation of a new workflow / version will not affect the raising of events like 'TOBERELEASED'.

Something else must have changed... but what?

cheers

Paul

I042439
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi

The standard workflow which you copied, was it WS14000030 or WS14000043?

Do the events which are now triggring have BUS1006200. COMPLETED in SWEL?

If the workflow which you copied was WS14000030 and the answer to second question is YES, then probably the workflow is going for an auto approval because the user triggering this process has sufficient auth for BBPMAININT. In that case, the system goes for auto approval process.

Please refer the following help link:

Approval Workflow for Vendor from OPI - Architecture and Technology - SAP Library

Regards,

Modak

0 Kudos

Yes That's the only reason. Thank You Boss for your efforts. Appreciate that.

I need your one more help, i have a very superficial knowledge in SRM, somewhat zero, can u recommend me some links, to built knowledge in srm.

Thanks Again.

I042439
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Shashikant

The key to finding the solution is:

1) First google your issue - with the right key words. That is how I got this help link. I just googled the BO ID and the EVENT Name. What do you think...am I an expert in SRM....NAAAA!!!

2) Give as many details as possible in your first question. Which you missed.... but yes, this is a learning!

As for SRM, use this link and join the right SCN forum

http://scn.sap.com/places?filterID=all~objecttype~space&url_id=text-glo-community-scn-welcome-browse...

Look for the Contents tab of the forum, filter by Documents and Blogs. Also post your question there for "how to build SRM knowledge" - you sure will get expert responses.

Remember to close this this thread.

Regards,

Modak

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

have you assign the agent to task i.e. maintaining  agent for task .

for example we provide general task in normal case.

Regards.

Jaydeep

paul_bakker2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry Jaydeep that's not correct.

For a workflow to be triggered by an event you do not need to set it to general task.

Thanks for participating though!

cheers

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for the suggestion paul,

i didnt know that  .

Regards

Jaydeep

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

"even then after triggering the workflow  from the portal i can't see any entry in SWEL."

This should be the other way around. The event should start the workflow.

If you're not seeing your event in SWEL then that's the problem and it's not a workflow problem.

Try creating the event with SWUE, see if it starts the workflow.

Time to find out how that event gets created.

regards

Rick Bakker

0 Kudos

I tried simulating through swue, and the log is there in swel. But while creating a bidder from portal the workflow doesn't gets triggered.

The bidder is created in the same manner, as it's described. Earlier with the same procedure of creating bidder, i was able to trigger the workflow.

anjan_paul
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

could you please check and share SWDD-> Basic Data-> start Event,  is it is activated.

I think chances are there from Portal site provlem,  as event is not triggerin from Portal.

0 Kudos

I've mentioned it in my post only. It is declared.