Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where does batch_user get its email address automatically?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

we have not given any email id to batch user in SU01. when an email cannot be delivered to recipient (for example because of invalid email address) i get a report saying that the email could not be delivered and a non delivery Report could not be sent to the sender. it is ovious, becasue sender is batch user and it has no email address in SU01. My question now is even if i have not maintained any email address for batch user in SU01, as sender I can see batch_user@ourcompayname. Where does this email address come from?

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I've noticed this behavior too and I suppose it's server mail generates that ID mail: SAP moves the message to the mail server with SAP user as mail ID, then the server insert the domain before sending the mail

Max

0 Kudos

Hi May thanks for the reply, can i find the codes for all that you have explained anywhere in any SAP program?

0 Kudos

I don't know it but I don't believe it

because the "problem" is out of SAP

You need to consider there are two systems: SAP and Mail Server

Sap doesn't send a mail to the receiver, but only to Mail Server.

I don't know if Mail Server can be set in order to generate automatically an ID

but I've had the same problem for my customer:

here SAP sends a mail to a vendor for automatic payments, normally it's used a generic user with out mail address, so

SAP generates a mail using format name as ID, so without domain, the vendor receives a mail from

<user format name>@<domain>

So I suppose the domain is inserted by Mail Server

But I hope a basis or some guys can give us more informations about it

Max