cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatically enter WBS element when IO is entered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Can I check whether is there a way to automate the entry of wbs element when IO is entered in both FI document and Purchase order.

Thank you.

Regards

Bc

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

What exactly you want to achieve in this way? Please explain business requirement behind it.

However, I am not sure of any std. way ( Event customizing of transactions,which may do it)  but user exits in those t-codes can be handy to achieve it.

Regards

SAurabh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your replies, my understanding of the business requirement is to track the cost in both internal order and in WBS for external procurement.

The reason behind the automation of WBS entry is to minimise error in data entry as the WBS is already maintain in the IO master under assignments.

Thank you for your help.

Regards

Boon Chin

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Boon,

If you just want to track the cost of External Procurement done via IO, you can settle the cost of the IO to a WBSe as you said its already being maintained in Assignments TAB.

Automating such a process would be difficult as you would need to come up with a very smart logic of which WBS should be used for which IO type. Better would be to train the end users to pick the correct WBS while creating IO or PO.

Cheers

Sammar

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Bc,

There is no standard way of automating the entry process of WBS in IO or Purchasing Document.

Writing Substitutions will not work in your case. you need to go by the enhancing the T- Codes..

You need to get it done by your Technical people. But before embarking on modifying the Creation process of IO and PO, can you please elaborate on the  business requirement for such a change??

Cheers

Sammar

varshal_kachole3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try substitution user Exits with your own logic.

Thank you and regards,

Varshal Kachole