Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add on performance on business one 64bits

sbastien_dubourdieu
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I'm trying to use my add-ons on a 64bits client but i've some performance issue. do you konw how to improve the performance for a 64 bits client?

I already compile my add on in x64and i use DI API 64 bits but the performance are very bad compare to my 32 bits version.

thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All, we are facing the same issue. any solution to this?

sbastien_dubourdieu
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We don't find any solution on this issue. If you found one please tell us!

Best regards

pedro_magueija
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sébastien,

Can you elaborate on the performance issue? What kind of issue are you experiencing? Loading data? UI slow?

Best regards,

Pedro Magueija

View Pedro Magueija's profile on LinkedIn

sbastien_dubourdieu
Participant
0 Kudos

UI and DI are very slow.

When i have to update many objects in one transaction the performance are divided by 3 compare to my 32bits version. (12sec in 32 bits and 32 seconds in 64bits)

pedro_magueija
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sébastien,

How did you test in order to relate the performance issue with the architecture? I'll explain why I'm asking this.

Sometimes (not always) there are configuration differences between machines that affect for example the speed of communication between the machine and the server (e.g.: using an IP in the License Server configuration is usually better since the name resolution also takes some time).

My suggestion would be to install a profiler on the machine with the issue and try to spot any places where the performance is being hit. This way you'll have a better idea whether the issue comes from the architecture difference or some place else.

Anyway performance issues are always a bit difficult to pinpoint.

Good luck.

Best regards,

Pedro Magueija

View Pedro Magueija's profile on LinkedIn

sbastien_dubourdieu
Participant
0 Kudos

hi pedro,

the 2 environment are exactly the same with the server and the client on the same machine. And the 2 machines are identical VM. I will install a profiler and try to spot the places.