Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create New Profitabilty Analysis Characteristic

former_member355038
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Does anyone know if it is possible to create a PA characteristic that is a combination of two existing characteristics? if so how can this be done?

thanks

Joe

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

do you have an example for your requirement? You can create a own defined characteristic without value maintenance in KEA5 and add the char. values during KEDR steps. First enter the values of your 1st existing char, then add the ones of your 2nd existing char (or use the derivation exit functionality in KEDR).

Keep in mind that the field lenght of the characteristic value is limited to 18 digits (like every char. value in CO-PA), thus the combination of the existing char. values should not exceed this 18 digits otherwise the value combination can not be displayed.

BR Christian

former_member355038
Participant
0 Kudos

Christian,

Thanks for the useful information, I think another option could be to change the KE30 layout and create a calcualted field to join the 2 characteristics together.

Joe

pavan_kumar18
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try Top down distribution.

Which may suits your requirement.

Check the following wiki page which was provided by

Top down Distribution explained with an example - ERP Financials - SCN Wiki

Regards,

Pavan Kumar Arvapally

former_member355038
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

I tried your solution and I have created a new field in KEA5, but then in KEDR I cannot see the field to select this as the target field - in target field list it is now shown and also if I key in the name I get the message:

Enter a valid target field. The field ABC1 is not a permitted target field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

after field creation of ABC1 in KEA5, did you assign it to your operating concern (KEA0)?

BR Christian

former_member355038
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks,

Once I assigned it to the operating concern I can now see it in KEDR, I used the Derivation rule option and  I but in the 2 source fields and the target field(ABC1) but how do I update this field with existing data? for example fields WA1 & WA2 has the following data:

WA1   WA2

UK      001

I want the field ABC1 to be a combination of the above 2: "UK 001" I have used the derivation rule option and put in the source fields as WA1 & WA2 and the target field as ABC1. But when I add the new field(ABC1) to a report(KE30) the field is blank, what step am I missing?

thanks

Joe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the finish line can be seen already 😉

First KEDR-step is a "Move": Move WA1 to the new ABC1 field. Thus in WA1 and ABC1 "UK" can be seen.

Second KEDR-step is also a "Move": Move WA2 to the new ABC1 field but tick the "Detail" button that appears on the right side of the target field.

In the Details choose "part of field contents" and in "from character position (begin at 0)" enter the first character number where the second move should be inserted. In your case (I assume that WA1 is a character 2 field) the values from WA1 need the place beginning with 0 and 1 for UK, so you are entering "2" in this field.

Try the derivation test in KEDR the result should be "UK001" in Char. ABC1 if everything is fine.

Good luck, Christian

former_member355038
Participant
0 Kudos

One step closer

I followed your steps and tried the derivation test and this works! however what do I need to do to activate the new rules? because when I run a report with the 3 fields the new field is not being populated with data.

thanks

Joe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thats good to read that KEDR is working now. This happens for all the documents posted from now on, the old/already posted documents remian unchanged unless you

1: reverse and repost them with processing the characeristic derivation again (=create new line items, T-code KE4S00) or

2: do a CO-PA realignment (the line items remain unchanged only in KE30 reports you can see the new characteristics T-Code KEND).

Both options have been discussed up and down in SCN forum, so search for them in SCN.

Good Luck, Christian

Answers (0)