Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HANA - DIAPI .EXE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

We have a current scenario in SAP MSSQL version

An UpdateOJDT.exe is created and trigger to run via Window Task Schedule on a 4 hourly basis.

This UpdateOJDT.exe is located in the Window Server with SAP B1 Database.

1. Create ODBC connection to SAP B1 database.
  2. Run a SELECT query to a UDT.
  3. Base on the returned rows, create Journal Entries by using DI API object (BoObjectTypes.oJournalEntries)
  4. Update the UDT, to mark the data that have been processed by step 3.
  5. Sending Email by using SMTP Service.

We need to apply the similar procedure for SAP B1 for HANA.

Option 1 – Execute the UpdateOJDT.exe from Window Workstation via Window Task Schedule.

• This is our current setup.
  • Customer does not agree to standby a windows workstation/server just to execute a Windows Task for this purpose

Option 2 – Execute the UpdateOJDT.exe from Linux Server

• This is to relief the window workstation and have the UpdateOJDT.exe execution from Linux Server.
  • How can we convert the UpdateOJDT.exe to a Linux version. ?
  • Is there any ODBC connection and DIAPI object available in Linux Server to allow connection and data update to SAP B1 HANA dbase.
  • Are there any How-To documentation on this subject?

Please help to provide some guidance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This job will in many cases not be allowed under your EULA. The good news is an ABAP programmer can almost certainly solve this requirement within the B1 system.

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

John Appleby wrote:

The good news is an ABAP programmer can almost certainly solve this requirement within the B1 system.

Did you mean a .NET programmer?

Former Member
0 Kudos

No I meant ABAP. It looks like they used .Net because this was the skill set available. Better would be to send email direct from B1 using ABAP.

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I had never heard you could use ABAP in B1, only vc.net, c#.net & Java...

But what do I know, I've never worked with it...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah you are of course correct 🙂

Replying late at night and confusing AIO with B1. Yes with B1 you would have to move to Java to be Linux-only.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Do you mean that we can consume DIAPI SAPBOBSCOM.dll using JAVA?

Cheers,

Krisma

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If it's a DLL, you need to go for VC or C#...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes quite so, you will need a Windows system to run this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

So, back to the question : Do we able to execute the UpdateOJDT.exe from a Linux Server?

Can we conclude that is not achievable?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes of course. But you can't continue to use ODBC and SAPBOBSCOM .DLL. That won't work on Linux. Instead you must either use a Windows system, or convert the whole process to JDBC and use Linux.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

The objective of this exe is to post Journal Entry to SAP B1, the only way to do this is by using the SAP Object provided in SAPBOBSCOM .DLL.

Please advise if there is other way to post JE without using that reference. So far I don't think it is possible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want B1-specific expertise rather than HANA expertise then the B1 forum is the place to go. But from what I can see you can post journal entries using JDBC just fine. It's just a different process.

http://wuawua.wordpress.com/2013/09/12/connect-your-java-application-to-sap-b1-hana-and-post-journal...