HANA - DIAPI .EXE
We have a current scenario in SAP MSSQL version
An UpdateOJDT.exe is created and trigger to run via Window Task Schedule on a 4 hourly basis.
This UpdateOJDT.exe is located in the Window Server with SAP B1 Database.
- Create ODBC connection to SAP B1 database.
- Run a SELECT query to a UDT.
- Base on the returned rows, create Journal Entries by using DI API object (BoObjectTypes.oJournalEntries)
- Update the UDT, to mark the data that have been processed by step 3.
- Sending Email by using SMTP Service.
We need to apply the similar procedure for SAP B1 for HANA.
Option 1 – Execute the UpdateOJDT.exe from Window Workstation via Window Task Schedule.
- This is our current setup.
- Customer does not agree to standby a windows workstation/server just to execute a Windows Task for this purpose
Option 2 – Execute the UpdateOJDT.exe from Linux Server
- This is to relief the window workstation and have the UpdateOJDT.exe execution from Linux Server.
- How can we convert the UpdateOJDT.exe to a Linux version. ?
- Is there any ODBC connection and DIAPI object available in Linux Server to allow connection and data update to SAP B1 HANA dbase.
- Are there any How-To documentation on this subject?
Please help to provide some guidance.