cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move PI SLD from Solman to local

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,i want to move sld of a PI 7.0  running production system from central solman 7.0 sld  and set up a dedicated local sld for PI production system.

The steps  i will follow are the following .Please correct me if i miss anything or if any steps are wrong.

1.Change in rz70  and visual administrator for sld host in production PI system  and replicate

2.Export business system from  existing  solman sld (Home->Business System -> select production PI system)

3.Import this exported file  in production PI sld ( Adminstation -> Content ->Import)

4.Change  sldapicust  entries  and check sldcheck in  production PI

5.Change entries in  production PI exchange profile

6.Clear SLD cache

PI SLD experts,kindly help. thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

AnilDandi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

You also need to cleanup your local PI SLD, just in case it was used at some point in the past. Importing SLD will add/overwrite information, but will not delete the old information if the source doesn't have them. If you don't, you may end up with unnecessary and possibly conflicting components in your PI domain. Here is a blog on on SLD migration in case you need a quick reference: Migrating SLD Server on SAP XI | SAP NW Newbie

regards

AKD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Thank you.I saw the blog .Here again there is confusion about  step 1 in the blog whcih tells to do a full export on the source even though the other 2 systems are not required.Why it is so ?

As mentioned in earlier post,exporting only the required Business system  instead of FULL export has any issues ?

AnilDandi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

You will need the other two systems to be included in SLD. That would be for the transport of PI configuration objects to work properly. Check this link to understand this concept:

PI registers data in SLD that goes beyond the scope of Business System information. Apart from Business System information, Products and SWCs are used during design time. The runtime uses sub-system level data of SLD. See SAP Note 764176 to get a hint of how complex that data is.

Importing the FULL export is an easy way out, instead of correcting all that.

regards

AKD

Expanded the answer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Thank you very much.My worry is that we have a lot of systems  ( about 30 ) included in the existing solman SLD which are not only PI systems but ECC,BI,Portal,GRC  systems also.So what to do with non PI systems which are imported in dedicated local production PI SLD  from the FULL export ?  Can I remove non PI systems which appear in Technical system,Business system,Content Maintenance list  in  production PI SLD ?

AnilDandi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

If your PI system is integrated with those systems, the Business System details are required in SLD. Otherwise you can delete them. There is no harm in leaving those definitions in SLD in case they are not used.

regards

AKD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have exported successfully from source system (Solman).Then configured a local SLD on target xi system.Also made the levels of SAP_CR and model version in target  system the same as that of the source by importing SAP_CR  (in many steps ) and cim.SAP_CR is at 9.9 and model versio at 1.6.36.After this I tried to import the exported file in target xi system but it fails during the initial checks and gives the below message.

"The selected ALL 1.0 full import belongs to the export line ALL which is not compatible with the export line(s) SAP_CR of previous imports. The data of the selected import may possibly interfere with the previously imported data."

The equal level condition of SAP_CR  mentioned in the note 1540435  ("Initially the target SLD should contain the same version of SAP CR content that is delivered with the initial full export " ) is fully satisfied.Then what went wrong in my case ? i have to do import  of  LD+NR export  (in two steps seperately) and leave import of ALL export  file ? Kindly reply.

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to do settings in SLD datasupplier also, which you have missed in your points.

Thanks and Regards,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is RZ70 on ABAP and yes, you are right this needs to be done on Java systems explicitly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should follow this approach:

1. Move all SLD content from the old to the new SLD by a full-sync

2. Change all RZ70 and SLDAPICUST settings of all systems connected to the old SLD to the new SLD

3. Change the SLD client and SLD data supplier connection on PI to the new SLD

4. Deativate the old SLD or create a snyc from the new SLD to the old SLD to keep this updated if required.

Best Regards

Harald

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.Please find my queries.

1.I understand that in step 1 in your reply  you mean to export all SLD content and then import in the

PI local SLD ( Export using Administration -> Content -> Export -> Export line -> ALL  and Import  

using  Administration -> Content -> Import ).There is one thing to be noted here .I do not want to

move  all systems from the exisiting SLD to the local SLD of the production PI.Only production PI

will be moved to its local SLD.In this case why I need to  perform step 1  in you reply as this will

fetch the   details of all other systems ?

I will be  exporting/importing  only Business system and landscape system will be  populated

through rz70.After this I will also be checking the entries for  production PI system under

Administration -> Content maintenance -> SAP_XI* classes.I hope this will  appear automatically.

2.There is no SLD data supplier added in the existing SLD.So nothing will be done.

Kindly give your inputs on the above.Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Correct. If you only want to move a subset of objects, then you need to do this manually not via sync.

As soon as you have changed all data supplier settings of connected systems to the new SLD the technical systems should be updates accordingly.

2. Ok, then just deactivate or leave the old SLD as it is.

Best Regards

Harald