Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a new button to Tax Number toolbar in Change Request

former_member609120
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My requirement is to add a new button Check VAT on the Tax Numbers section toolbar next to Edit/New.

I need to validate each tax number that user enters from a third party system.

Currently I enhanced the configuration id BS_SP_OVP of component FPM_OVP_COMPONENT.

On the toolbar, i right clicked and said add toolbar element.

I gave a new event id CHECK_VAT to this button.

Saved the enhancement

On the change request screen, I can see the button 'Check VAT', however it is disabled and cannot be clicked. If i right click on my new button, I see technical help corresponding to the New button of SAP.

I have even enhanced the IF_FPM_GUIBB_LIST~GET_DEFINITION method of class CL_BS_BP_GUIBB_TAX_NUMBERS to add my custom event id 'CHECK_VAT' in the ET_ACTION_DEFINITION parameter. However when adding the button, I do not see my custom event id in the drop down list that SAP proposes.

Can someone please guide me with the correct steps to add a button and also where to write logic for this button click.

Also how do i read the tax number data row wise when the button is clicked? If cursor on row 1 and my check button is clicked, i need to read data corresponding to this row from the tax numbers table.

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

Vanessa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

stefan_geiselhart2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

did you find a solution for your requirement? if yes, could you please let me know how you achieved it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You want to add the button on the specific UIBB or on the main application toolbar? Post a screenshot of where you want the button. Each location will have a different method. It will also depend on what information you need to read when the button is clicked.

Former Member
0 Kudos
former_member609120
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

This document talks about adding fields, not an element like button.

I need to add a button to the toolbar for Tax Numbers.