Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Empty files are getting created at receiver FTP server

r_s_kulkarni11
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have an Idoc to File scenario where I am sending an XML file to receiver FTP server.

Scenario is working fine but sometimes an empty file is getting generated at receiver FTP server.

I have already selected ignore empty file at receiver channel so issue is not within PI system configuration.

When I checked the message log I can see that almost all the files are getting created successfully without any issues, but

for some files/messages I can see that there are below error logs.

"Transmitting the message to endpoint <local> using connection IDoc_AAE_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System failed, due to: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: Could not get FTP connection from connection pool (1 connections) within 5,000 milliseconds; increase the number of available connections"

"Exception caught by adapter framework: Could not get FTP connection from connection pool (1 connections) within 5,000 milliseconds; increase the number of available connections."

And after there is again success message log in the same message and it creating a file successfully during that time stamp.

but the third party is sometime receiving empty file which I am not able to find in any trace or log (my file name is SD_timestamp.xml).

Can you please let me know what is the solution and what adjustments FTP server need to do in order to resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Rahul Kulkarni

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member257758
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Keep the File receiver channel properties like below would help to solve your problem.

Target Tab.

Connect mode:Per File Transfer

Processing Tab.

Maximum Concurrency: 3.

JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The error you are getting that says "Could not get FTP connection from connection pool (1 connections) within 5,000 milliseconds; increase the number of available connections" has probably nothing to do with the empty files problem.

I second that you first should try "temporary file creation". You might also need to tell the FTP owner that he should only pick up files with that are written completely and that do comply with a negotiated file name schema. The temp file should have another schema of course then. He should not pick up just every file that is written. See here for details

http://help.sap.de/saphelp_nw74/helpdata/en/44/6830e67f2a6d12e10000000a1553f6/content.htm

HTH

Cheers

Jens

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is your configuration for placing the file?

Is it "Directly" or "Using Temporary file"?

If you have configured "Directly" you can switch to use " Temporary file" and see if that helps.

manigram
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check is there any other application is using the same folder. check whether the file is created with file name which is configured with PI channel. Tell FTP admin to increase the time limit.

Regards,

Manigandan