DB/table/index reorg after archiving
I am starting this dicussion on reorg as it relates to Archiving.
Post archiving , it is recommended to do a reorg.
Usuallly it is done at table or index level by the DBA's /Basis teams.
following are some points for discussion .
1. what are the tasks of archiving team in the reorg activity and how can they help the DBA , Basis team on the reorg?
2. are there any real time examples that some one can share on a reorg task. it could be ex: FI_DOCUMNT archiving followed by reorg of the tables related to this object.
3. it is recommended that if the tables are expected to grow again , then reorg is not necessary , is it true?
4. best practice documents on reorg , available on SAP Service market place or somone can share other documents?
5. time taken for reorg on large tables . ususally during a maintenance window , (offline reorg).
any additional information that was missed above.
Please note this is not a list of questions, but a discussion to share work expriences around the reorg task.