cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is best way to bring data from ECC to HANA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am little confussed. I want to know, what is best way to bring data from ecc to SAP HANA

• SLT
  • BODS

If you want to say... SLT then whay?

If you want to say... BODS then why?

Please let me know your views.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

SLT:- If you want to load  and replicate the data into hana  in real time or schedule than go for slt. And by using advanced replication of slt  we can apply transformation rules like Convert fields,fill empty fields,skip records, change the structure of table, partitioning of table ,we can replicate only relevant data from multiple source systems to one hana system is allowed,also from one source system to multiple hana systems. And providing filtering capability.

BODS:- Is ETL tool It is integrate with all types of disparate systems, extracting data from them, transforming them into meaningful information and loading them into all types of systems. It is tightly integrated with SAP systems and hence really a good tool to migrate data from legacy systems to SAP systems with ease and less development efforts with effective debugging and monitoring capabilities. We can schedule the data and load it into hana by using bods.

Fainally depends upon the requirement go for slt or bods.

Regards,

Khaga

pfefferf
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

are you using a "Side-Car" approach in your scenario?

If yes, I think the best solution is to use SLT for a 1:1 trigger based replication.

BODS is used more for the scenarios where you have to prepare your data (e.g. data cleansing).

Regards,

Florian