cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot process an HTTP request to servlet [Faces Servlet] in [wcb] web application

rami_reddy4
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All

l am working on a Wcem 3.0 with Trex with ERP and WAS 7.3.

When I logon to http://<host>:<port>/wcb/index.html url I am able to see wcbuilder_erp & wcbuilder_erp_ume application ids.

But suddenly I am getting The website cannot display the page error message when I access the above mentioned URL.

When I verify the developer log trace it showing as 500 Internal sever error issue.[EXCEPTION] java.lang.VerifyError: Bad return type

In defaultTrace.trc file it is showing as Cannot process an HTTP request to servlet [Faces Servlet] in [wcb] web application exception.

09 10 18:08:56:098#+0530#Error#com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.HttpHandlerImpl#

com.sap.ASJ.web.000137#WEC-APP-BF#sap.com/wec~comm~wcb~leanapp#C0000A229CA7094A0000000000001188#2392750000000004#sap.com/wec~comm~wcb~leanapp#com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.HttpHandlerImpl#Guest#0##CFAFBF4C38E411E4B4750000002482AE#ffbcbcdd38e611e49d020000002482ae#ffbcbcdd38e611e49d020000002482ae#0#Thread[HTTP Worker [@455349581],5,Dedicated_Application_Thread]#Plain##

Cannot process an HTTP request to servlet [Faces Servlet] in [wcb] web application.

[EXCEPTION] java.lang.VerifyError: Bad return type

Exception Details:

Location: com/sap/wec/tc/core/runtime/jsf/resource/WecExternalContextFactory.getExternalContext(Ljava/lang/Object;Ljava/lang/Object;Ljava/lang/Object;)Ljavax/faces/context/ExternalContext; @17: areturn

Reason: Type 'com/sap/wec/tc/core/runtime/jsf/resource/WecExternalContext' (current frame, stack[0]) is not assignable to 'javax/faces/context/ExternalContext' (from method signature)

Current Frame:

locals: { 'com/sap/wec/tc/core/runtime/jsf/resource/WecExternalContextFactory', 'java/lang/Object', 'java/lang/Object', 'java/lang/Object' }

stack: { 'com/sap/wec/tc/core/runtime/jsf/resource/WecExternalContext' }

Bytecode:

0000000: bb00 0359 2ab6 0004 2b2c 2db6 0005 b700

0000010: 06b0                                

at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructors0(Native Method)

at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Class.java:2446)

at java.lang.Class.getConstructor0(Class.java:2756)

at java.lang.Class.getConstructor(Class.java:1693)

Any help?

Regards

Rami Reddy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

steffen_mueller3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rami Reddy,

please enable HTTPS protocol. That's msndatory.

And then, you should be able to launch the WCB.

Regards,

Steffen

rami_reddy4
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Steffen,

Thanks for promt response.

But when I checked with Basis team as of now there are not yet configured TREX, only WCEM components has been configured in WAS 7.3. When they are configuring WCEM components HTTPS protocol not configured.

But for past 2 weeks I am able to see the below screen using http://<host>:<port>/wcb/index.html url.

But now I am getting The website cannot display the page error.

Please clarify me if anything is wrong from my side. And also pl let us know which configurations I have to check for fixing the issue.

Regards,

Rami Reddy

steffen_mueller3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rami Reddy,

please have a look at the WCEM installation guide chapter "5.3.3.2 Configuring HTTPS"

After having done this and the issue persists, retrieve a so called single session trace to continue investigations.

Best regards,

Steffen

rami_reddy4
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Steffen,

After configuring the HTTPS also I am facing the same issue. One point I forgot to update you.

When I logon to http://<host>:<port>/wcb/index.html url, below screen is blinking after that I am getting HTTP 500 Internal sever error issue.

Regards,

Rami Reddy

rami_reddy4
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Steffen,

Issue has been resolved. I have undeploy the deploy the SAP-WEC & SAP-WEC-FRW standarded components from NWDS.

Now I am able to see the main screen.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Ramireddy

Answers (0)