cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If a purchase requisition already exists for an item then system should give warning message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Is there any standard configuration for showing the user a warning message if while creating a purchase requisition for an item for which one purchase requisition already exits ??

kindly help,

Regards,

Vishal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This will not work. Message 06 401 is only used and processed if the purchase requisition number is entered manually (no automatic internal number)

You have to do your own coding in a exit or Badi  to check if you have already an open  requisition for the same material. You can then use the 06 401 as error message if you want.

Personally I do not really see any advantage in doing this, since the PR is a pure internal document and several of the same material can be clubbed together when the PO is created.

. Contrary, such a own coding which does not cover all possible cases may even have a negative effect in case of MRP runs where you might have situations depending on the MRP parameters where SAP creates multiple requisitions for one material.

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Define Attributes of System messages

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

about which message to talk when sending the people in that direction?

Former Member
0 Kudos

check the message determination.

former_member190893
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

you can implemented this  BADI :ME_PROCESS_REQ_CUST, problem will  be solved.

we were faced same issue in my project & resolved it.

Regards,

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

This BADI is already implemented in our system and I have entered my code in it.

But the warning message is not triggered.

Can you please send the code of your implementation because your popup window functionality

sounds better than a warning message. 

Thanks,

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Please reply to my above post, as I have to finish this issue asap.

Thanks,

Vishal

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have to consult with your ABAP team to write the code or if the already written code is not working..

As a functional consultant, no one can't give you the coding or no one can't say where the code is wrong.

former_member190893
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, I dont have Authorized to Share the Code. Regards Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks Alot for your replies.

I have one BADI implemented in our system : ME_PROCESS_REQ_CUST.

in this If I write my code in the CHECK method. but the problem is the warning message is not showing when I click on the check button in ME51N.

There is another code written in the same method to check for purchasing group and its message type is Error. Now this error message is displayed when I press the check button. 

What should be the problem ??

Thanks,

Vishal .

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Of course all other SAP standard checks are carried out too.

For message handling in a Badi see KBA: 1709562 - Messages ignored in BAdIs ME_PROCESS_REQ_CUST and ME_PROCESS_PO_CUST

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no such message in standard, as of my knowledge. If required, you may go for development to check the open PR's for the item and issue message accordingly.

Regards,

AKPT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasoon,

I am an abaper only . So I guess I will have to implement a BADI for this.

I can identify the open PR item by using the filed EBAN-EBAKZ, right ?

or is there any other way to identify that ?

Thanks,

Vishal .

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

EBAN-EBAKZ can not be used in general case. The closed indicator wont be marked automatically if the PO is created with reference to PR in ME21N.

I would suggest to check the difference between the requisition quantity (EBAN - MENGE) and ordered quantity (EBAN-BSMNG). If its greater than zero, then the requisition item is open.

Regards,

AKPT

0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

Please check whether the below message regarding PR is there in your Message settings

06     401     Purchase requisition & already exists

You can also view few of the standard messages related to PR in the below link:

Hope this can solve your issue.

Thanks and Regards,

Sravan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sravan,

I dont think the message 06     401     Purchase requisition & already exists is in our system.

Check below screen shot.

How can I configure this message ??

Thanks,

Vishal .

0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

You can configure the message in SPRO as described below

In SPRO->MM->Purchasing->Define Attributes of Sys. messages

Click on the New entries, you can get from F4 the below messages

You can select from the selection screen.

Thanks and Regards,

Sravan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sravan,

After creating the new message entry as you have mentioned.

Is it going to start working or do I need to do some other config/coding for that ??

Thanks,

Vishal

0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

It has to work once the config is done and that particular situation is meeting for the PR.

If it is not working then you need to go for coding.

Thanks and Regards,

Sravan